CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Noooooooooooooo!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6371)

DangerousDan85 04-20-2004 11:15 AM

Noooooooooooooo!!!

I went in for my first job interview today at Hollywood Video. I wore a nice shirt and tied my hair back in a pony. Well one of the first things they said was that if I was hired, I'd need to cut my hair to a more "professional" length (not touching my shoulders i guess, not sure though). It's taken me 16 months to get it this long, so it'll be hard to part ways with it. I guess the pony didn't work. I'll find out by the end of the day if they hire me.

- Dan

aussiecreeder 04-20-2004 11:26 AM

for some reason this is funny, but yeah this sucks for you man! are you going to take a stand or are you going to relent to earning a crust? its only hair.........what you should do is cut it, work there for a while, then grow it! after they ask you to cut, you refuse and they dismiss you! then you sue them for unfair dismissal! muhawaha

JulieCitySlicker 04-20-2004 12:36 PM

Thats dumb :wtf:
I mean its just a video place :mad:

GeeK_2004 04-20-2004 01:36 PM

maybe....they have something against people with long hair.....

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

DangerousDan85 04-20-2004 01:39 PM

they're worried, i'll scare the customers away

JulieCitySlicker 04-20-2004 01:41 PM

Ya!
Like none of their customers are wierd looking ;)
You atleast had your hair back in a ponytail, you shouldn't have to cut your hair for them!

GoodGodGirl23 04-20-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85

That's retarded, the video places around here in Vancouver Washington, have guys working in them with long hair pulled back in pony tails.. you should not have to cut your hair Dan, that is not right.....Blockbuster for that matter is the video place....

GoodGodGirl23 04-20-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
Ya!
You atleast had your hair back in a ponytail, you shouldn't have to cut your hair for them!

I agree, and if I were Dan, I wouldn't. I'd look for another job.... :eek:

GoodGodGirl23 04-20-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85

That's bull crap!! :eek:

GoodGodGirl23 04-20-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeK_2004
maybe....they have something against people with long hair.....

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

I'm more inclined to believe this one Geek.....

RMadd 04-20-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
for some reason this is funny, but yeah this sucks for you man! are you going to take a stand or are you going to relent to earning a crust? its only hair.........what you should do is cut it, work there for a while, then grow it! after they ask you to cut, you refuse and they dismiss you! then you sue them for unfair dismissal! muhawaha

or not... wouldn't be unfair if it's in their policy to keep hair at a certain length and there's no rules preventing businesses from setting hair-length guidelines. geez

GoodGodGirl23 04-20-2004 05:26 PM

I guess....

hayley 04-20-2004 05:34 PM

STUFF THE JOB!!! KEEP YOUR HAIR....please don't cut it off NOOOOOOOOOOOO that's just sad :(

Well I guess I should say good luck for the job GOOD LUCK

Higher_Desire 04-20-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed

LOL. Ain't that the truth! I've worked with a lot of people to know there's a hell of a lot of funny looking people out there.

If you don't get the job because of your hair, it could become a legal situation. There are a few certain areas where employers can discriminate certain types of people from getting jobs, but hair is not one of them. If they reject you because of your hair, it is actually illegal. There is no such thing as "professional length." Professional is how you act towards others in given situations.

H-D :eyes:

JulieCitySlicker 04-20-2004 06:06 PM

I agree Colin :D