CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brett Hestla And The Rumors? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4995)

airattack 11-22-2003 05:50 PM

Hi,
Does anybody know whether or not Brett Hestla will be involved in Mark Tremonti's new project? They've done some work together in the past and I was wondering if he might be considered for the frontman spot. If he's not being considered, does anybody know if he's still in contact with anybody in the band?

Thanks

JulieCitySlicker 11-22-2003 05:56 PM

I havn't heard anything on Brett yet :) I hope he will still be working with Mark on whatever his new project is, I thought hje was awesome with Weathered :P

hayley 11-22-2003 06:20 PM

I don't think anyone knows anything about Hestla at this stage

The Lithium 11-22-2003 06:21 PM

I hope that if Mark Flip and Brian will write together that Stapp and Brett can write along.

hayley 11-22-2003 06:24 PM

I haven't heard Hestla sing before, does he have a nice voice?

Dogstar 11-22-2003 06:26 PM

Yes, he does, Hayley. He did a nice job on backing vocals during the Weaathered tour.

CreedKevin397 11-22-2003 06:34 PM

I never thought about that...that would ROCK. addicted2stapp, downloaded some songs by The Virgos...you'll see. That's Hestla singing, he has a very strong voice and can definately front a rock band. I would love to see that...Mark, Flip, Brian, and Brett....awesome. I don't think Stapp will have trouble finding people to write with. He is known around the world and I'm sure once word gets out that he needs a backing band, the best of the best are gonna be there for him.

Steve 11-22-2003 10:53 PM

Hestla is not involved with the Mark Tremonti project.

creedlvr 11-22-2003 11:32 PM

Well ... wouldn't it be great if Mark, Flip, Brian and Brett asked Amie Stapp to be their female backup singer? After all ... since everyone is SO thrilled about the new "Creed minus Stapp" band, she might as well team up with them too! Then it will really leave Stapp in the dust ... isn't that GREAT!?!?

Hey ... how about that Tallahassee boys club? Maybe they should get them in there too!

airattack 11-22-2003 11:48 PM

Thanks for the info. anybody interested in hearing what Virgos sounded like can go to Virgos Online and find a link to an FTP site with MP3s from their albums and demos.

facelessman 11-23-2003 12:42 AM

hmmm Brett as the front man doesnt sound bad... but is he what mark's looking for

hayley 11-23-2003 02:09 AM

I might have a look at some of the Virgo's songs tomorrow and check out his voice.

velocityidp 11-23-2003 02:17 AM

I would say that Brett is technically a better singer than Stapp (a bit more range). However, there's something about Stapp's voice that is just so unusual... sorry but you can't replace his voice or his stage presence.... or his writing style.

I really do like Brett's voice though... be sure to check out the cover of that Beatles song (can't remember the name of it) he did w/ Virgos.

hayley 11-23-2003 02:42 AM

Stapp's voice pulls you in like no other.

I'll see what I can download, I'm not wanting lots just a glimpse of what his voice sounds like.

The Lithium 11-23-2003 06:30 AM

If Brett join Downshifter it will be like "Scott Stapp and the guys". Stapp would be kind of left out....But who knows? Maybe that is what Stapp wants...To take a break and don't have all eyes on him.

Steve 11-23-2003 11:50 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Steve+11-22-2003 09:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Steve @ 11-22-2003 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hestla is not involved with the Mark Tremonti project. [/b][/quote]
^^^

CreedKevin397 11-23-2003 01:25 PM

we get your point, we're just talking about the "what if's..." of it all. sorry big guy.

JenRN 11-23-2003 01:51 PM

I saw Virgos in concert on the first leg of the Weathered tour. They were good, and yeah BRETT does have a good voice. But I am just mesmerized by Stapp's voice and his stage presence. I have been to MANY concerts in my life and the 5 times I saw Creed I left spellbound.

airattack 11-23-2003 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info Steve. Any clue who will be singing for the Tremonti project?

The Lithium 11-23-2003 03:24 PM

Mark Thomas Tremonti himself! Mark will sing on his solo project!

hide 11-23-2003 07:01 PM

I'm a little confused here Michael apparently states on a board that it will be a band not a solo album with Mark possibly singing, yet CreedInk states that it will be a solo album. Some official word would be great here!

If this break is true then I hope Scott can work with Brett. Brett is too talented to be left in the cold, great singer but he's not as good as Stapp and can play bass, guitar and the violin.

Dogstar 11-23-2003 07:03 PM

It's probably just semantics. Solo in the sense that it's apart from Creed. I'm sure he would have a band of some type. That's my take on it, anyway.

hide 11-23-2003 07:11 PM

but the way that CreedInk worded their statement is competely different in that Creed is releasing their anthology next year with new material plus two solo albums from Mark and Scott.

That statement saids that there will be new Creed songs next year but this statement apparenlty from his brother states this this break is an extended one that could possibly never end.

The band needs to inform its fans what is going on, show some professionalism!

Dogstar 11-23-2003 07:21 PM

I don't think it's that confusing. The anthology and stuff is probably to fill contractual obligations. It won't require them to actually have to work together to put this out. Somebody will have to do it, but it won't require a ton of more recording. And even if it did, they can lay down their parts without really having to run into each other. This is just what Alice In Chains did. They may have stuff already recorded before all this stuff supposedly happened. That still frees them both to pursue their solo stuff, involving other people.

hide 11-23-2003 07:32 PM

I was thinking that is merely to fulfill contractual obligations and i'm really not happy about some of their hits been released after only 3 albums but perhaps that is all we will get. I certainly hope things are not so bad that they can't be in the same room to record together. Some offical word to stop these rumours would be fantastic!

Dogstar 11-23-2003 07:33 PM

Agreed.

airattack 11-23-2003 11:17 PM

Wait, Tremonti's singing but it's a metal band??? Does he have a metal voice? Does he have a voice at all? ::No Offense::

facelessman 11-23-2003 11:25 PM

did you not hear him sing on those Creed songs? :confused:

airattack 11-24-2003 06:34 PM

No I didn't. I'm not a Creed fan. I'm a Virgos fan. The only back up singing I heard from Creed was Hestla's during the Olympics last year.

hide 11-24-2003 08:01 PM

Hey good to see a Virgos fan here, are the Virgos fans still pissed at Creed for "stealing" Brett Hestla?

Is Virgos still around because I have heard they are no more?

facelessman 11-24-2003 10:49 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-airattack+11-24-2003 06:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (airattack @ 11-24-2003 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> No I didn't. I'm not a Creed fan. I'm a Virgos fan. The only back up singing I heard from Creed was Hestla's during the Olympics last year. [/b][/quote]
oh, well that makes sense :banana:

facelessman 11-24-2003 10:50 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-hide+11-24-2003 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hide @ 11-24-2003 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hey good to see a Virgos fan here, are the Virgos fans still pissed at Creed for "stealing" Brett Hestla?

Is Virgos still around because I have heard they are no more? [/b][/quote]
good question

Charmin 11-25-2003 02:36 PM

I heard they were split-their web site has been unaccessible for a long time.

Charmin

Malevolence 11-25-2003 04:05 PM

Right. Well. Here's the point.

The rumors must have some sort of truth to them. Often times, rumors really are just jaded peices of truth scrambled together.

First off: Hestla has no real place among Creed. Personally, the idea of Brian Marshall going against Hestla? C'mon ... let's be serious here.

Hestla would get OWNED. No matter how musically sage he might be.

Marshall owns the damn bass. Especially in Creed.

Creed isn't looking for a freakin' singer/musicially magnificent/ I-can-play-piano-with-my-toes bandmember.

They just want a badass bassist to make badass music with, who will work together with the chemistry of the group.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is Brian Marshall.

Besides, Stapp forced Marshall out because of something trivial. Really, Stapp is the one who messed things up.

I still think that somewhere, in the woodwork, Stapp is the cause of many of the band's past and current conflicts.

Who knows? Maybe he got on Tremonti's case. Without the backing/support of Tremonti, Stapp has got nothing.

Maybe Tremonti decided he picked the wrong side and finally went with Marshall. Flip's gotta go with the music-maker.

Personally, I think that Tremonti's the man of the hour. He's got all the damn musical talent. Stapp's personal ideals and egocentrisim got in the way.

Creed and Friends. Minus Stapp.

HAH! ...

Hmph. The Devil must be enjoying the change of weather.

I hear Hell was long overdue a snow day or two.

airattack 11-25-2003 06:09 PM

First off, Virgos broke up last in July of 2002. They never gave a reason for breaking up, but most of it stemmed from the fact that they couldn't get a new record deal. Second, I don't know who you were talking to, but I've never met a Virgos fan who saw Hestla touring with Creed as a bad thing. Most of us aren't Creed fans, but we respect Creed for adding Virgos to their tour. Third, I don't know why you need to attack Hestla Malevolence, nobody was saying anything derrogatory about Marshall. The reason Marshall was dropped from Creed was because he went on a radio show and cursed out the DJ for saying that Creed was a Pearl Jam clone and then Marshall said that Pearl Jam was nothing compared to Creed. Musically, Marshall is probably a better bassist than Hestla, but you don't have to be a punk about it. Hestla was never in Creed, he never tried to "take Marshall's spot", he took a job as touring bassist to try and help out his band and because his friends in Creed asked him too. It's too bad Wind Up records couldn't give Virgos a deal, otherwise this conversation would never be happening, and I wouldn't be annoyed by your insults Malevolence. Hestla's a nice guy, and a teriffic musician. I was just hoping someone had some info on what the deal was.

Malevolence 11-26-2003 01:17 AM

Quote:

I don't know why you need to attack Hestla Malevolence, nobody was saying anything derrogatory about Marshall.

... frankly, I haven't said a single derogatory thing about poor Mr. Hestla.

The point I'm trying to make about Hestla is that, while we're all eternally grateful that he filled in as touring bassist ( I saw him in concert, mind you -- amusing man that he is, he still felt out of place -- and, furthermore, his singing really comes out too ... "blah" ... when he does back up chorus -- Tremonti should've smacked him with the guitar for singing during My Own Prison ), but the fact is that all consideration for Hestla as PART of Creed's music is not acceptable when we can have Marshall instead.

Quote:

The reason Marshall was dropped from Creed was because he went on a radio show and cursed out the DJ for saying that Creed was a Pearl Jam clone and then Marshall said that Pearl Jam was nothing compared to Creed.

Uh. Duh.

Quote:

Musically, Marshall is probably a better bassist than Hestla, but you don't have to be a punk about it. Hestla was never in Creed, he never tried to "take Marshall's spot", he took a job as touring bassist to try and help out his band and because his friends in Creed asked him too.

Yep, Marshall > Hestla. And I can be a punk about it. AND, furthermore, to stress this point --

In the arena of speculation, Brett Hestla was being considered as a possibility for Creed's bass work in their next production

... which, I think, is ok. But when you weigh that against ... Marshall? C'mon. Who wants a replacement when we can get the real McCoy?

Quote:

It's too bad Wind Up records couldn't give Virgos a deal, otherwise this conversation would never be happening, and I wouldn't be annoyed by your insults Malevolence. Hestla's a nice guy, and a teriffic musician.

Actually, it's not too bad that Wind Up didn't give them a deal. The Virgos either deserved a deal, or they didn't. Wind Up has taken up several projects in the past that have potential..

If Virgos didn't get the deal, it's because they didn't deserve it. Period.

And as far as getting annoyed goes...

Your counterproductive, snide, unnecessary, and mildly aggressive comments are not only out of context, but -- what is infinitely worse -- a waste of MY time.

Tsk. For whatever reason, you're simply being unnecessarily defensive.

Bah. Get a sense of humor.

Now. Go put your nose in a corner. And count.

Before your mommy spanks you.

airattack 11-26-2003 08:14 AM

Jesus Christ how long did you work on that?

Oh BTW my mom's dead you son of a bitch.

facelessman 11-26-2003 11:03 PM

ok everyone calm down

hide 11-27-2003 11:21 PM

exactly calm down guys Brett Marshall is an excellent bass player, its a shame he left Creed but you only have to listen to the infamous interview about why he left/kicked out. For me Brett Hestla is the more complete package but all I really want is for Creed to give me some new music.

Steve 11-27-2003 11:36 PM

Sorry, when posts get to the personal level I have to close the thread.