CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ok Beer Drinkers!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3978)

TeriB19 08-07-2003 06:57 PM

Abuse of anything is bad, but alcohol in moderation isn't that bad for you.

Steve 08-07-2003 07:08 PM

If I don't drink beer I drink Bacardi Limon + Coke

Lechium 08-07-2003 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Higher_Desire
:crying: You all make me so sad. Alcohol is bad for you. It's a drug. It's just as bad as LSD, Marijuana, Meth, Cocaine, or any of those. It's horrible what alcohol use can do to a person. :( :crying:

H-D

Who said that drugs are bad?

Higher_Desire 08-07-2003 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
Abuse of anything is bad, but alcohol in moderation isn't that bad for you.

Snorting a little coke or injecting some crystal meth isn't that bad for you either, if in moderation.

Still, what I meant to say, was that if people keep drinking, they form a dependancy on alcohol. I know people who said they drink in moderation, yet after a day or two, drink some more because they can't get off it. Alcohol isn't needed for "social" purposes. You can still have a good time without alcohol.

Lech, drugs (as in Illegal drugs) are bad because they have harmful side effects. I don't mean perscription drugs that can have harmful side effects, but not on everyone who takes them. I also don't mean if perscription meds are abused.

H-D

hotforscott 08-07-2003 09:15 PM

I am a responsible adult who makes my own choices. I have always made good ones and will continue to do so. I don't do drugs or anything of the sort and I don't "have to have" alcohol, but I do like to drink occasionally and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Steve 08-07-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

It's horrible what alcohol use can do to a person.
I drink alcohol occasionally when I go out with friends and there's nothing wrong with me as far as I know?

JulieCitySlicker 08-07-2003 09:24 PM

I like strawberry daquaris and strawberry margaritas(sp) Havn't had one in over a year though:D

Higher_Desire 08-07-2003 09:41 PM

Look, I never said any of you were "bad people" because you drink. I just said I don't agree with it and some reasons as to why. Now let's drop this :censored: subject.

H-D

hotforscott 08-07-2003 09:49 PM

We weren't getting bent out of shape over it or anything. You posted your opinion so we replied with ours. It's no big deal.;)

JulieCitySlicker 08-07-2003 10:01 PM

I have never been drunk before but I have drank a wine cooler or 2 back in the day;)

Dogstar 08-07-2003 11:10 PM

Quote:

Still, what I meant to say, was that if people keep drinking, they form a dependancy on alcohol.

That's a blanket generalization that certainly does not apply to everyone. I know plenty of people who drink alcohol without developing any dependency whatsoever. I happen to enjoy the taste of beer and wine. That doesn't make me an alcoholic simply because I knock back a few cold ones.

TeriB19 08-08-2003 10:17 AM

Quote:

Who said that drugs are bad?
I believe that was Mr. Mackey, mmmkay?

Quote:

Still, what I meant to say, was that if people keep drinking, they form a dependancy on alcohol.
I agree with Dogstar, that is a generalization that cannot be made. Everyone is different.

Quote:

You all make me so sad.
That isn't our intent, Colin. Sorry if you are disappointed in us, we are all different people.

marlsy 08-08-2003 11:11 AM

Frozen mudslide kick arse!!!

I drink maybe once a month if that!! Drinking occasionally to relax is no big deal. You have to have limits and follow them. Higher desire, good for you for not drinking! I don't think it's a thing you have to do to socialize, but there's nothing wrong with doing it sometimes if your of age.

Dogstar 08-08-2003 03:58 PM

Ohhhh, marlsy, you are so right about the mudslides...and everything else :D.

TeriB19 08-08-2003 04:00 PM

Excellent point Marlsy. And you're right about the Mudslides as well.