CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I am not ashamed to say... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1703)

Lechium 02-20-2003 01:02 AM

Hey I said I loved God. I said I'd lighen up in creed and I did. God being a human invention is a common idea, not sure why sharing it is an act of aggession.

Siana 02-20-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
:angel: He Loves Us All!:angel: ;) :P

true :angel:

Agent D 02-20-2003 07:32 PM

Amen to everything everybody said.....

....except Lechium. Sorry, man.:P

JulieCitySlicker 02-20-2003 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
Hey I said I loved God. I said I'd lighen up in creed and I did. God being a human invention is a common idea, not sure why sharing it is an act of aggession.

God was not made by man:madder: :eye: :argue:

Lechium 02-21-2003 01:36 AM

2JulieLovesCreed: Hamelt, James Bond, Tom Sawyer... they were created by people who wrote books about them. Same goes for God and people who wrote Bible.

Just like in case of fictional charcters listed in 1st sentance they had some real world prototype, however writers changed them around a lot, and added a lot of events that have never happened. Same goes to Chritsian god and the higher power, which undeniably exists, but has very little resemblance with what Bible tells you.

JulieCitySlicker 02-21-2003 01:00 PM

You can think whatever ya want man:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

Flip 02-21-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
2JulieLovesCreed: Hamelt, James Bond, Tom Sawyer... they were created by people who wrote books about them. Same goes for God and people who wrote Bible.

Just like in case of fictional charcters listed in 1st sentance they had some real world prototype, however writers changed them around a lot, and added a lot of events that have never happened. Same goes to Chritsian god and the higher power, which undeniably exists, but has very little resemblance with what Bible tells you.

So what you saying? he created by a writter?

Lechium 02-21-2003 01:20 PM

I'm trying to say that eventhough there is some higher power out there, Bible has created a fictional character based on it. And that character is not holy or anything, cuz he's just a charcter created by people who wrote Bible.

Bridge of Clay 02-21-2003 02:00 PM

so youīre saying one writer wrote all of the Bible? itīs over 60 books, man! And how come he could live for so long to relate Kingīs stories? and how did he predict the future? astonishing!

youīre too bitter, man... Iīm sorry for you.

Lechium 02-21-2003 02:45 PM

Read carefully my previous post please. "people who wrote the Bible". Bibleocal (sp?) stories started as spoken word legends, myths, and bits of actual history. Than people wrote them down. That's why when it comes to kings and battles Bible is right on many occasions, as these parts come form history. Parts about God and stuff come from myths, legends, and what writers were thinking. Many times they take actual events and spice them up big time -- Jesus, for example. He defently existed, but miracles and him being god/song of god is very questionable.

Wylde-Tremonti 02-21-2003 05:32 PM

....Man...you need serious spiritual help....I'm sorry that's just how i feel.....

Bridge of Clay 02-21-2003 06:06 PM

that was non-sense to me... you didnīt answer my question... plus a few Im posting now

how could people who wrote the Bible predict the future?

how everything today is just like what Jesus preached?

if the flood never happened, why shell are found on the top of the highest mountains?

how could they know that the temple of Jerusalem would be destroyed?

Lechium 02-21-2003 07:01 PM

>how could people who wrote the Bible predict the future?
Many other religions made a lot of predicitions which came true. Nostradamus was just a guy, and he predicted a lot. Predictions dont mean much. Also the Bible had originally way more books than ones you see now. Many were thrown away. Good chance ones woth predicitions which didnt work were thought to be not God inspired and thrown away.

>how everything today is just like what Jesus preached?
Jesus was a smart guy who used common sence.

>if the flood never happened, why shell are found on the top of the highest mountains?
Tallest mountains were under on teh bottom of the sea millenia ago. In the beginning enitre earth was covered by water. Than land rose. Many pieces of land sank unfterwards. Ask any geologist and he'll give you a good and detailed answer.

>how could they know that the temple of Jerusalem would be destroyed?
All major tamples that ever existed were either destroyed or severaly damaged. Exept of inca's pyramids.

Bridge of Clay 02-21-2003 10:06 PM

Nostradamus made a lot of wrong predictions. Remember he said the world was supposed to end in 1999. Bible never failed.

Jesus used common sence. Of course. Heīs our Maker. Remeber that at that time, they didnīt have press or internet. He told us a lot that ordinary people of that time couldnīt even imagine.

Flood: satellites made pictures of Noahīs ark, itīs placed on the ararat mountains. Spends most of the time covered by snow. Itīs impossible to get up there due the areaīs condition: war and rebel forces. By the way, itīs placed exactly where the Bible said it is.

Temple: not the fact that it wouldnīt be left stone over stone. You can find ruins. Jerusalemīs temple has no ruins, since they removed all the fundations (sp?) to steal its gold.

JulieCitySlicker 02-21-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Nostradamus made a lot of wrong predictions. Remember he said the world was supposed to end in 1999. Bible never failed.

Jesus used common sence. Of course. Heīs our Maker. Remeber that at that time, they didnīt have press or internet. He told us a lot that ordinary people of that time couldnīt even imagine.

Flood: satellites made pictures of Noahīs ark, itīs placed on the ararat mountains. Spends most of the time covered by snow. Itīs impossible to get up there due the areaīs condition: war and rebel forces. By the way, itīs placed exactly where the Bible said it is.

Temple: not the fact that it wouldnīt be left stone over stone. You can find ruins. Jerusalemīs temple has no ruins, since they removed all the fundations (sp?) to steal its gold.

I think he's just trying to be difficult now:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: ;)