CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Accents? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8395)

revisfoot 01-10-2005 06:20 PM

Yeah, down here, there are some people, like this woman I work with. She says, "shit" and it has 3 sylables!! It's like, "Sheeyeeit." But, seriously, I think I may have a Canadian accent! Someone needs to help me place my accent!

fluttergirl 01-10-2005 06:24 PM

lol, well, seeing how no one here has ever heard you....

Wylde-Tremonti 01-10-2005 06:37 PM

As long as you don't say "Y'all" i'm good... lol

Midwest accent here... it's seems to be the most commonly used accent in the U.S. (at least on Television)

aussiecreeder 01-10-2005 07:48 PM

Australia is a bit weird considering that its so large yet there are probably only three different accents and they don't differ very much at all. One person from the top of the country will sound almost the same as someone from Tasmania down at the bottom. Compare that to England where accents change quite a bit only a few miles down the road.

Alter Shredder 01-10-2005 07:54 PM

i live near chicago...but dont really have a chicago accent. I have lived all over the midwest so I have a nice clean mixture. As for accents I find most of them attractive. I think my favorite accent is the Irish one....excellent delivery. Um Aussie accents are also high on my list as well as the southern one....You get a pretty southern girl with her accent.....and yeah.

aussiecreeder 01-10-2005 07:56 PM

the southern accent is good but when its really strong its a really big turn off, at least for me.

Higher_Desire 01-10-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti

lol. You'd love one of my Psych professors. She says stuff like "I cante get dis to work like I's ustacould. If y'alls alls umta try yacan." lol. It's so annoying.

H-D :pimp:

hayley 01-10-2005 10:30 PM

:laugh: I love that kind of accent, but yeah if it's used too much it can get really irratating.

I really love the low, deep American accents. :pant: And Russian accents are really beautiful.

As for the New Zealand accents, well just get some fush' and chups' at sex o'clock

:laugh:

Wylde-Tremonti 01-10-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - hayley -

I really love the low, deep American accents. :pant:

Yep... that's me...

hayley 01-10-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Yep... that's me...

Lol ... I can imagine :D

creedsister 01-10-2005 10:58 PM

I Grew Up down south Grits And Gravey And Hush Yo Mouth :D, And I Spent A Lot Of Time Up North My Acents Falls Some Where In Between, i dunno I Was Freaking Reject From Birth, :D , i really dont get in to,em that much,

titan9 01-10-2005 11:07 PM

I like the Canadian accent. Probably comes from the fact that my ancestors are French Canadian.:D The most annoying accent to me is the Southern one, particularly those in Texas who have that accent. I spent 10 days down there and I came away hating the place, lol. Especially hearing "Y'all" in practically every sentence. Not to mention, I heard quite a few Anti-Canadian jokes.:laugh:

aussiecreeder 01-10-2005 11:25 PM

oh yeah the russian accent is good and i like the spanish one and also those from latin america. must resist urge to make new zealand joke.....so......hard.....to stop....myself lol.

fluttergirl 01-11-2005 12:49 AM

Quote:

Midwest accent here... it's seems to be the most commonly used accent in the U.S. (at least on Television)

well, i not only say it, i type it without realizing it, but i know what you mean, like the ppl who say italian like eye-talian, or such?
so common, not even funny....

Torn Daredevil 01-11-2005 01:02 AM

Yeah, Wisconsin!!!

We rule!!!