Crowded House suicide [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Crowded House suicide

Sincirr
03-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Crowded House mourns dead drummer
16:49 AEDT Mon Mar 28 2005
MSN

Australia's entertainment industry is in mourning for former Crowded House drummer Paul Hester who hanged himself in a Melbourne park.

The 46-year-old father-of-two was found dead at Elsternwick Park in Brighton on Saturday afternoon, after last being seen walking his two dogs on Friday evening.

Neil Finn, who formed Crowded House with Hester after they played together in Split Enz, spoke of his grief at losing one of his best friends.

Finn and his brother Tim have reportedly cancelled performances at London's Royal Albert Hall to travel to Melbourne to be with friends.

"I am deeply saddened by the loss of a close friend," the former Crowded House frontman said from London.

Sincirr
03-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Supposedly he was a long-sufferer of depression. It totally sux, cos he was such a sweetie and a fantastic person. Totally sux.

creedsister
03-28-2005, 09:11 AM
:( That Really Does Suck :(

Higher_Desire
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Suicide always sucks. I battle with a depression disorder myself, and when those certain thoughts come, suicide seems inevidible. When everything seems to be going wrong, you can't find anything positive to reflect on. Somehow or another, the positive things are all negatives too. I've been on the brink of suicide many times, and it ain't easy.

H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder
03-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Its terrible and you have to feel for his family knowing he spent his last minutes in a public park, and what he did to himself there. The family left behind are those I feel for.

Sincirr
03-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Suicide always sucks. I battle with a depression disorder myself, and when those certain thoughts come, suicide seems inevidible. When everything seems to be going wrong, you can't find anything positive to reflect on. Somehow or another, the positive things are all negatives too. I've been on the brink of suicide many times, and it ain't easy.
U know, we have had our differences and no doubt always will, but I am really sad to hear that man. With all sincerity, that sux that U go through that.

I have to say that I have been there many times too. It doesnt matter what even your closest lovedones say, it just cant penetrate, so it breaks my heart that Paul was in that situation and it resulted in him taking his own life.

The whole situation has brought more of an urgency in me to get over depression any way I can or I could end up the same.

Yeh, aussiecreeder, those poor kids hay.

One good thing that has come out of it is plans to promote awareness of an association called Beyond Blue that help with matters relating to depression.

Higher_Desire
03-29-2005, 10:03 PM
U know, we have had our differences and no doubt always will, but I am really sad to hear that man. With all sincerity, that sux that U go through that.

I have to say that I have been there many times too. It doesnt matter what even your closest lovedones say, it just cant penetrate, so it breaks my heart that Paul was in that situation and it resulted in him taking his own life.

The whole situation has brought more of an urgency in me to get over depression any way I can or I could end up the same.

Yeh, aussiecreeder, those poor kids hay.

One good thing that has come out of it is plans to promote awareness of an association called Beyond Blue that help with matters relating to depression.
Thanks, Sincirr. No one ever understands fully why until they've been there themselves. That thing you said about what other people say never penetrating is so, so true. :(

JulieCitySlicker
03-29-2005, 10:43 PM

I have a constant fight with depression to Colin and have thought about suicide several times :( I've come to the point at one time where I wanted to just jump off a bridge and say to hell with life! Glad I didn't do it though.

Sincirr
03-29-2005, 11:01 PM
ME TOO!!! :eek:

JulieCitySlicker
03-29-2005, 11:03 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: For us all :)

Dogstar
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
That is sad indeed. I hope all of you who have been at the brink find a way out. I know it has to be unbearable at times, but man, for those who are left behind, it's brutal. :hugs: to you all.

creedsister
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
That is sad indeed. I hope all of you who have been at the brink find a way out. I know it has to be unbearable at times, but man, for those who are left behind, it's brutal. :hugs: to you all.
Doggy Your The Best.... Is This Becoming Like A Group Thearpy Thread :D HAAAAAAAAA GUYS ROCK ON :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: I Like Ya,s :)

Dogstar
03-30-2005, 03:20 PM
LOL, whatever helps!

Trimontana
03-30-2005, 03:50 PM
its always sad when you read news aout someone comited suicide. I had those thoughs as well, but more than try to kill myself i pray to God to take my life cos i couldnt stand my breakdowns and i hated myself.

Well i have to say that i love y'alllllll......let get sentimental now :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for sis, Julie, kerri, colin,sincirr and aussie