Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The worst thing ever! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing ever!

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 11:06 AM
My purse got stolen today, I had our pool table listed in the paper for sale and a few guys came to buy it and they picked up my purse and all while they were in my house. I had a lot of cash in it, my bank books, all my cell phone accessories, it was a brand new MUDD purse and wallett. My car payment book was in there, all of my make-up. My baby blue CREED guitar pick that Brett threw into the audience and I quickly took possesion of at the last show I went to, all of my stuff was in there. I was really sick about the gift certificates I had in there, I had a Target one and a Wal-mart one that my Mom gave me to help out with the cost of my daughter's birthday party. I fractured my finger at the 9-22 show to get that guitar pick. About 10 people crushed my fingers as I picked it up off the floor and I had to go to the ER that night because it was so painful. They put this silver splint/brace kinda thing on it for a week. I am so mad about my purse and I cannot beleive there are people out there who would just take from other people like that. I mean, it makes me sick. Needless to say I never got the guys names, but when I called the cops this morning, I gave him a description of their truck and we will just see what comes of it. The first thing i had the cop do, was check the 5 - $100 bills they gave me for the pool table to see if they were real. I figured if they would steal my purse, they would pay me with fake money, but they were real. Probably someone else's hard earned money that they paid me with. Thanks for letting me vent.

Weathered
12-05-2002, 11:30 AM
i am real sorry to hear that...hopefully they find them

Dogstar
12-05-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, hotforscott. I know how you feel, though. It sucks. Last year, I went for this nice walk in the city park near my house and while I was away, some moron smashed my car window and stole my backpack, which I had left on the floor on the passenger side front seat. My pocketbook, cell phone and three Christmas gifts (gift certificates) were in it. I was mad at myself for having left it in view. Usually, I put my stuff in the trunk before I hit the park because of that very threat. But it was such a beautiful day and I couldn't wait to get to the park. Luckily, I didn't have much money in my pocketbook because I hardly ever carry significant amounts of cash. But these bozos charged up about 350 bucks worth of stuff in the span of an hour and a half. They also tried to apply for credit and loans in my name. It was a mess for about three months, trying to straighten and everything out.
It makes me angry that I have to be so vigilant and suspicious in the first place. I should be able to leave my stuff in the car without the threat of having someone steal it.
I have such a hard time understanding how people feel justified in taking what's not theirs. I know there are economic differences and some people simply don't have, but it still doesn't give them the right to steal. I grew up with not a whole lot, but we were taught that you don't take what's not yours. Simple as that.
This time of year is fraught with con artists and thieves preying on people.
The cops did catch these people eventually. Seems they were involved in a stolen car ring and a credit card fraud network. I even got my pocketbook back, which was nice because it was a fairly pricey one. They found it in a stolen car.

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry for what has happened to you! It is really rotten to have things stolen from you! I have had similiar experiences, when I booked my trip to Alaska this past winter, someone from the Cruise line billing took my credit card # and ran like a devil with it!!!!! They always tell you, you HAVE to book trips etc with credit cards, well I will be VERY sceptical next time!!! I even booked through AAA travel, I guess you are not safe anywhere!!!! I am a FIRM believer in "what comes around goes around" those people who stole your purse will get theirs, don't worry!!!!! It is a real shame you had something stolen in your home while you were there!!!! Gosh, talk about hitting you where it counts! I am sorry for all that you lost, I hope you called the credit card companies etc... and the pic, MAN THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!! I hope if you get it back and the pic will still be in there! I got one of Mark's pics at the last show I went to and I would be crushed if someone stole it from me!!! Keep your fingers crossed, I hope it works out for you!

Creed23
12-05-2002, 12:05 PM
that is definitely the worst thing ever

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:09 PM
I am sorry to hear about you as well. I wish I could get my pocket book. I have a block on my bank account. there is a password set up to perform any transaction and luckily the check to my chldren's daycare was the last I had written so I called them and got the check #, then looked in my box of checks for the next starting number and the put a stop on all checks that were in the purse. I called all of the credit cards. I am hoping the idiots will try to use them and it will pop up stolen and they will be caught. My driver's license, social security card, birth cert. and everything was in it. I went to the Revenue office today and all they had to do was pull up my picture and they gave me a new one, then I went to the social security office with my new driver's license and they ordered one that should come about 10 days from now. I have to mail a 10.00 m/o to the state i was born in for the birth cert., but atleast my major stuff is taken care of. It really sucks though because the gift cert. and credit cards were to get me through the gift giving season. I know there is a reason for everything and I think that it will all turn out. The bright side is, this will keep me from charging up credit cards at christmas. since i cannot use them, it's not possible.

Creed23
12-05-2002, 12:11 PM
Dont worry. Im sure your Christmas will be great!;)

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:12 PM
It is a real shame how people can be so cruel and uncaring during the holidays. Unfortunatley it happens the most at the holiday season!:mad:

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I am so sorry for what has happened to you! &nbsp;It is really rotten to have things stolen from you! &nbsp;I have had similiar experiences, when I booked my trip to Alaska this past winter, someone from the Cruise line billing took my credit card # and ran like a devil with it!!!!! &nbsp;They always tell you, you HAVE to book trips etc with credit cards, well I will be VERY sceptical next time!!! &nbsp;I even booked through AAA travel, I guess you are not safe anywhere!!!! &nbsp;I am a FIRM believer in "what comes around goes around" those people who stole your purse will get theirs, don't worry!!!!! &nbsp;It is a real shame you had something stolen in your home while you were there!!!! Gosh, talk about hitting you where it counts! &nbsp;I am sorry for all that you lost, I hope you called the credit card companies etc... and the pic, MAN THAT REALLY SUCKS!!!!! I hope if you get it back and the pic will still be in there! &nbsp;I got one of Mark's pics at the last show I went to and I would be crushed if someone stole it from me!!! &nbsp; Keep your fingers crossed, I hope it works out for you! </b>

thanks, I know i was upset about the pic, the police officer was laughing because that was the first thing i had listed on the police report. i get sick everytime i think about it. i think they will gt what's coming to them as well. iam sorry to hear about your credit card also. gosh, it's like everyone has been a victim at one point or another.

Dogstar
12-05-2002, 12:15 PM
That's the spirit, hotforscott...Look for that silver lining, no matter how slim!

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Creed23
Dont worry. &nbsp;Im sure your Christmas will be great!;)

thanks, i appreciate that.

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Someone who is not a Creed fan would not understand the importance of the pic!!! It is like the olympic win, you have to go through sheer hell to get it, pain, pulling, screaming and then some people still try to grab it out of your hand!!!! It is the grand prize, next to meeting them!

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2002, 12:20 PM
I´m sorry for you!

I´ve never been in a situation like yours, thanks God! It must be horrible...

Creed23
12-05-2002, 12:22 PM
I wonder what the theif will do if they are or arent Creed fans:confused:

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Someone who is not a Creed fan would not understand the importance of the pic!!! It is like the olympic win, you have to go through sheer hell to get it, pain, pulling, screaming and then some people still try to grab it out of your hand!!!! &nbsp;It is the grand prize, next to meeting them!

i know, when brett threw it, i thought someone had caught it, but i saw people start looking on the ground so i looked down and it was about an inch from my foot, i got my hand on it first, but what felt like a thousand people stepped on my hand trying to step on it first. i was so excited to get it that i didn't think too much about the pain, until i went to put my hands on the steering wheel to drive home and one of my fingers was completely swolen and turning redish/purple. It was fractured and it hurt bad. i had to take pain pills that the doctor gave me just to keep from screaming and i hate taking pain pills because they get me all crappy feeling.

TeriB19
12-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Here is some information that may help. You can call the three national credit reporting organizations to place a fraud alert on your name and SS#. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your info was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorized new credit.
Here are their numbers:
Equifax 1-800-525-6285
Experian (formerly TRW) 1-888-397-3742
Trans Union 1-800-680-7289

Hope this helps and I'm sorry about your trouble. At least the $500 was real.

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Creed23
I wonder what the theif will do if they are or arent Creed fans:confused:

i had it in the part of my wallett that holds your coins. i didn't want to lose it because it was small. i wish now that i had put it in my jewlery box. i am sure that they took the cash and items of value and chunked my purse in a dumpster somewhere so my pic is probably in there and my pictures of my kids and personal identification, the things that matter most to me, and matter the least to them. I wish they would have some kind of heart and put it back on my doorstep. i just want my important stuff. cash comes and goes, but some of those pictures i only had in wallet size and who's to say i will ever catch another pic, or what pain i will have to endure to ensure that i do get another one.

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
i know, when brett threw it, i thought someone had caught it, but i saw people start looking on the ground so i looked down and it was about an inch from my foot, i got my hand on it first, but what felt like a thousand people stepped on my hand trying to step on it first. i was so excited to get it that i didn't think too much about the pain, until i went to put my hands on the steering wheel to drive home and one of my fingers was completely swolen and turning redish/purple. It was fractured and it hurt bad. i had to take pain pills that the doctor gave me just to keep from screaming and i hate taking pain pills because they get me all crappy feeling.

Hey I am an orthopedic nurse, I could of splinted your hand for you!!!!! Yeah a lot of my patients don't like the pills either, and well some they do, they try to get them ALL the time!!!!!!!

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Here is some information that may help. You can call the three national credit reporting organizations to place a fraud alert on your name and SS#. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your info was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorized new credit.
Here are their numbers:
Equifax 1-800-525-6285
Experian (formerly TRW) 1-888-397-3742
Trans Union 1-800-680-7289

Hope this helps and I'm sorry about your trouble. At least the $500 was real.

thanks, that helps a lot. i will do that right now. i didn't even think about that. thanks, teri.

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Hey I am an orthopedic nurse, I could of splinted your hand for you!!!!! &nbsp;Yeah a lot of my patients don't like the pills either, and well some they do, they try to get them ALL the time!!!!!!!

i have heard that people do that. they take pills like they are candy. i mean, who wants to feel like that all the time. my husband says it's like a drug for them.

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:32 PM
thanks, that helps a lot. i will do that right now. i didn't even think about that. thanks, teri.

Teri ALWAYS has the right answers!!!! She is the Queen!:bow:

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Teri ALWAYS has the right answers!!!! She is the Queen!:bow:

i know, she is great, isn't she?

JenRN
12-05-2002, 12:37 PM
i have heard that people do that. they take pills like they are candy. i mean, who wants to feel like that all the time. my husband says it's like a drug for them.

Perscription drug abuse is a SERIOUS problem!!!! I have actually had people purposley hurt themselves to get drugs, plus I have seen patients pocket the pills in their mouth then when the nurse leaves they take them out and save them to take 10 or so at a time to get at real high! I have actually had paitients tell me they crushed Oxycontin and then snorted it, like cocaine!!!! It is a serious problem!!!!

TeriB19
12-05-2002, 12:39 PM
i know, she is great, isn't she? Thanks but I can't take full credit. I worked Monday and came across an email someone sent to someone with all the info and phone numbers. I copied it for myself just to have in case something like that ever happened to me again. Just glad I had it handy.

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Perscription drug abuse is a SERIOUS problem!!!! I have actually had people purposley hurt themselves to get drugs, plus I have seen patients pocket the pills in their mouth then when the nurse leaves they take them out and save them to take 10 or so at a time to get at real high! &nbsp;I have actually had paitients tell me they crushed Oxycontin and then snorted it, like cocaine!!!! It is a serious problem!!!!

that is insane. who wants to live like that.

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Thanks but I can't take full credit. I worked Monday and came across an email someone sent to someone with all the info and phone numbers. I copied it for myself just to have in case something like that ever happened to me again. Just glad I had it handy.

it did come in handy, thank you. i really appreciate it.

TeriB19
12-05-2002, 12:52 PM
No problem, glad I could help!!:)

GoodGodGirl23
12-05-2002, 03:58 PM
I know I'm an idiot, cuz I carry my Angel Boy Ians(My sons) 2 last ID's he had made just before he took his life, in my tiny lil purse with me at all times....:( :embarass: My daughters tell me not to, in case Someone steals my purse, or I lose it... but I just want his pics close to me....:( :embarass:

hotforscott
12-05-2002, 04:24 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe you could xerox them and keep those in your purse and keep the originals in a safe place. It can happen so quickly and I would hate to see you lose something so valuable.