Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Phish break up [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Phish break up

aussiecreeder
05-26-2004, 05:28 AM
Boston Herald reports: Vermont jam band Phish said yesterday it will break up after a tour that includes shows Aug. 10-11 at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield and ends at the Aug. 14-15 Coventry fest at Vermont's Newport State Airport.

Bandleader Trey Anastasio broke the news on the band's Web site yesterday, saying he met with the other band members last Friday ``to talk openly about the strong feelings I've been having that Phish has run its course and that we should end it now while it's still on a high note.

``By the end of the meeting,'' he wrote, ``we realized that after almost 21 years together we were faced with the opportunity to graciously step away in unison, as a group, united in our friendship and our feelings of gratitude.''

He added, ``We don't want to become caricatures of ourselves, or worse yet, a nostalgia act.''

this has also being reported at www.billboard.com and Phish were innovators in the jam and more widespread music scene. One of those Americian bands (like Dave Matthews Band) who were huge in the U.S but their profile outside that nation is basically zero. Ask the average Australian for instance who these two are and most will not have a clue. They also said for the purpose of clarity this is not like their hiatus of a couple of years (to re-charge and do solo projects, sound familiar?) this is final.

Higher_Desire
05-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Wow. I still remember that awesome performance they did on the Simpsons. Never really was a big fan of theirs though.

LOL. I could say "everyone copies Creed," but I won't. :D

H-D :cool: