Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
LazerFest 2003 Concert Review [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : LazerFest 2003 Concert Review

Steve
06-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Well yesterday was LazerFest 2003, so I'll give a review of the show.

Got there around 4:30-4:45. Went towards the LocalLicks stage to hear some local bands play. The one I wanted to see, The Buzzhorn, already finished (they were early) so we heard Big Dumb Dick. I hated 'em. So we walked around for a bit.

5:00pm - Breaking Benjamin
I was still walking around. I had no desire to hear them.

5:50pm - Revis
Caught the entire set. Awsome band. I am really getting into these guys. They know how to work the stage (can use some improvement), and their songs sound great live. If you can catch these guys sometime on tour, be sure and check them out. And if you don't have their CD "Places For Breathing" yet, go get it!!

6:50pm - Cold
I missed 3/4ths of their set. I was out with some friends getting food. The last two songs I did catch "Stupid Girl" and "Just Got Wicked" were so/so. I saw Cold open for 3DD long time ago and thought they were good then - they just didn't have the same intensity yesterday.

7:50pm - RA
I didn't say to hear them. I walked around outside. I heard parts of their songs and wasn't impressed. I'm not a RA fan.

8:50pm - Trapt
I went back to hear Trapt and boy do I wish I didn't. Trapt straight out sucked. They were awful. The singer had lots of intensity and stage prescence, but the songs were horrible. Even their single "Headstrong" did not sound very good live. I don't know why they were the 2nd to last band, as Cold has been around longer than these guys. Oh well... (what a waste of 40 minutes).

9:50pm - GODSMACK!!!
OMG, what a tremondous show! Godsmack f*ckin' rocks in concert! They had this cool set on stage with some pillars on each side, a big thing with a walkway on top connecting the two and the drum set in front of the walkway thingy. First the band came out, they played this thing on a giant screen which showed words being typed (like on a computer) to the effect of "We are at war / We must support our troops / our freedom / our country / ..." Then some war footage and the band starts playing their instruments - opening of "Straight Out of Line". Then Sully walks out with some dark shades, leather pants, a t-shirt and a leather coat. He walks right to the mic, picks it up and starts singing right when he got there - perfect timing, awsome entrance!

Setlist (not sure if it's exact)
1. Straight Out of Line
2. Faceless
3. Bad Religion
4. Bad Magick
5. Changes
6. Moon Baby
7. I F*cking Hate You
8. Voodoo
9. Trippin
10. Keep Away
11. Greed
12. Whatever
13. Awake
14. I Stand Alone

Somewhere around Trippin they brought out a second drumset (it came up from under the big walkway) and Sully hopped on and rocked the house. They also had lots of pyro, this giant disco ball, and some confetti towards the end!

Godsmack's drummer is awsome. I was watching him play most of the show and he goes off on the drums. In the middle of songs he'd flip the drum sticks in the air, catch them, and continue on... awsome!!

Great show! Only thing that sucked was it was 47 degrees out :(

The Lithium
06-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Come over here to Sweden and have some partys!:D

farmgirl
06-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the review Steve, I really wanted to go see Godsmack but that didn't pan out, glad you had a good time. They are a great live band.

Rose

Dogstar
06-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey, Steve, sounds as if you had a great time! Thanks for the review.
That's a bummer about Cold. Luvscott's daughter said the same thing about them not being as good as they have been in previous shows. I think she may have been at the same show as you, though I'm not sure.

luvscott4ever
06-05-2003, 12:29 AM
You are correct DS...She was there and yes, she did say that Cold didn't have the same intensity as they did at XFest, she was kinda disappointed...but Godsmack!!! OMFG!! I felt the same way Monday nite when I saw them!! They F*ckin' ROCKED!! I think they were better Monday than they were on NYE!! And the drum duel kicked major ASS!!!!!! I'm still in a daze from the show, me and Anna rocked our asses off!! I need to see them again and I whole heartedly agree with Steve about Shannon, the drummer, UNBELIEVEABLE!! And his kit was the coolest set I've ever seen!! And Sully is a pretty awesome drummer too!! His kit was cool looking too, but Shannon's out-does any I've ever seen, even Flips, sorry to say!!!!!! Yeah, Anna did say it was pretty cold, but she's young and tough, she survived, but when you're jammin' out to Godsmack, it's not hard to stay stoked! I know I was sweatin' my ass off after the show ended!!

JulieCitySlicker
06-05-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Come over here to Sweden and have some partys!:D Why would us AMERICANS go to Sweden when you hate the US;)

Dogstar
06-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Hey luvscott! Glad you had such a kick-a** time!!!! Wooooo-hooooooo. I would like to see them just so I could hear Voodoo live. That's the one Godsmack song I really like!

luvscott4ever
06-05-2003, 07:59 AM
You would LOVE IT!! It was soooo awesome..Even better, I heard an interview with them the day b4 Faceless came out and the did an acoustic set and did Voodoo and let me tell you, it was incredible...I would love it if they would do an acoustic cd, the other songs they did were great too!! But then again, being the fanatical Godsmack fan that I am, I would love anything by them!!