Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
That was the most boring Grammy Show [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : That was the most boring Grammy Show

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Creed will come back next year ...older but wiser and they will take 2004 by storm.

benkenobi
02-23-2003, 11:35 PM
I hope you're right, and if Creed is going to release the presumed 4th album in 2004 I'm sure you will be. :cool:

Bridge of Clay
02-23-2003, 11:35 PM
weathered SOOOOO deserved more nominations!

benkenobi
02-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
weathered SOOOOO deserved more nominations!

Yeah, you're right there.
And what's all this with Norah Jones or whatever winning all that stuff. I've only heard that one song of her's they kept playing over and over and over and over... And she wins album of the year. Is there only that one song on the album? :confused:

benkenobi
02-23-2003, 11:45 PM
I would think album of the year would be based off record sales and #1 singles from the album that hit the radio. If that had been the case Creed would've wiped the floor tonight!

Rune
02-23-2003, 11:54 PM
personally, i'm glad they're taking a break, scott's voice needs a rest from so much touring. If they break over the summer and stay on a long break until mid 2004 and then make a new album, the tour will be amazing, i think it woudl be worth the wait

hotforscott
02-23-2003, 11:56 PM
I didn't care for the show that much either. I was glad Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow sang a different song then Picture. I think they did well on the show.

I wish Creed would have won.

DangerousDan85
02-23-2003, 11:57 PM
i didn't watch it

benkenobi
02-24-2003, 12:01 AM
I am concerned that this year's Grammy awards was struck with the Floridian Dimpled Chad Syndrome which went against Creed. I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no offense Florida) ;)

Bridge of Clay
02-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by benkenobi
I am concerned that this year's Grammy awards was struck with the Floridian Dimpled Chad Syndrome which went against Creed. I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no offense Florida) ;)

:lol: :roll: :lol:

Rune
02-24-2003, 12:20 AM
careful, i live in florida (moved here AFTER the election btw) :cool:

souldancer
02-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Shut it off midway = the intros and supposedly, humor, was rotten - great seeing Art Garfunkle and JT though.

Dogstar
02-24-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
Shut it off midway = the intros and supposedly, humor, was rotten - great seeing Art Garfunkle and JT though.

Oh, man, JT was on??? I love him. I was at work and we had it on, but I didn't really watch it. I don't think I've watched the Grammys in 20 years!

TeriB19
02-24-2003, 05:58 AM
I didn't waste my time. And I think that Norah Jones song is probably one of the most boring songs I've ever heard.

Mulletman
02-24-2003, 09:35 AM
after John Mayer's wicked performance and victory.... i lost interest.

souldancer
02-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I didn't waste my time. And I think that Norah Jones song is probably one of the most boring songs I've ever heard. Yes, A relative gave me one of her albums for Christmas, I quickly exchanged.
Does all that boring, deadening, decaying, lounge music say something about the state of emotions in our country? There was a lot of very melancholy, depressing songs on - I mean, I like a little folk and jazz now and then, it sure seemed out of balance. Maybe I just shut if off too early. I missed Bruce S..
What happened to good ol rock n roll!?! :crying:

s.floridagirl
02-24-2003, 10:02 AM
i must say, the Grammy's don't know their ass from their elbow! Eminem? hello? am I missing something here?

SJack5802
02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah M&M was dumber than ever, he comes up to accept his award and sayd "YO" What a retard. I laughed during his whole speech.

Xterminator27
02-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Bruce springsteen shoulda won the best album award..

DangerousDan85
02-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SJack5802
<b>Yeah M&M was dumber than ever, he comes up to accept his award and sayd "YO" What a retard. I laughed during his whole speech. </b>

yo, he be just keepin it real, gangsta style, holla back dogg

SJack5802
02-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Yeah yeah, i know, yo shizo my nizo, he be rocking it wit his crew gansta style.All iced out, you heard me

Bridge of Clay
02-24-2003, 07:53 PM
hey man, respect the guy! he has roots! :rolleyes: ;) hahaha

DangerousDan85
02-24-2003, 08:11 PM
i dink he was rocking the du rag last night

Rune
02-24-2003, 08:12 PM
i was going to watch it, but i kind of got rapped up doing hw :(, i guess it's ok cuz it sounds like i didn't miss much

TeriB19
02-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
What happened to good ol rock n roll!?! :crying: Souldancer, they are taking a break this year!!;)

hotforscott
02-24-2003, 09:09 PM
That is so true!

draperpam
02-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I turned in on and Nelly was on with all those big butt girls " I Hot in Herre" I quickly turned it to another channel! :pimp:

Bridge of Clay
02-25-2003, 12:43 PM
that was so stupid (Nelly) that I watched it til the end...I was cracking up...and I needed a good laugh!

Shoebird
02-25-2003, 05:04 PM
I think there are some major wackaloons at the Academy this year (did I just say that? pitiful). It's not even like the actual fans of the music even have a say in the whole matter.

The Harvey Fierstein thing was just creepy...even though he's like that most of the time. I also thought it was weird to see Godsmack there; do they really expect to get an award? :confused: Hehe, they're good guys.

hide_tremonti
02-26-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Mulletman
after John Mayer's wicked performance and victory.... i lost interest.
Yeah same here...that was until Coldplay and Bruce Springsteen came on...
The rest of the performances were either mediocre or just plain sucked (especially the Avril Lavigne, Vanessa Carlton and the Nelly one)
They needed a good rock band to play...

hotforscott
02-26-2003, 08:57 AM
That Coldplay performance reeked.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
That Coldplay performance reeked.

I couldn't agree more. I just don't know what is all the rave about Coldplay or John Mayer, I can't stand the way the guy sings(facial expressions) it drives me nuts. But that's just my opinion, not meant to offend anyone here, except maybe for Lechium ,but I haven't seen him around lately.

hotforscott
02-26-2003, 09:33 AM
He's back, I hadn't seen him on either, but I saw some posts from him today.

I know what you mean about John Mayer, his facial expressions are annoying. His songs used to not bother me until they started playing them 24/7.

I don't like Coldplay, I haven't heard all of the songs that people on here have mentioned, but from what I have heard, I don't like them.

marlsy
02-26-2003, 10:55 AM
I agree with you guys, john mayer bugs the crap outta me!!! I don't really like Coldplay's music either, I think there songs all sound the same, boring!

Charmin
02-26-2003, 05:35 PM
I have to agree....what a let down.

Was it just me, or did Faith Hill suck big time. I'm sorry-but the short dress and hi heels just didn't make up for the singing and playing outta tune............

I heard a bunch of other boo-boos, too.

MTV had an interesting article on the Grammy's and why they are what they are. According to them- winners aren't based on much of anything other than the basic opinion of corporate music on who they think is gonna be important money makers.

I say let the fans vote!! Even VH1 has done away with that-because CREED won everything!!

creeder
02-26-2003, 05:46 PM
I like coldplay and their music,,, they are okey.. BUT CREED WREALLY KICK THEIR ASS

TeriB19
02-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Charmin
Was it just me, or did Faith Hill suck big time. &nbsp;I'm sorry-but the short dress and hi heels just didn't make up for the singing and playing outta tune............
No Char, it wasn't just you. I'm starting to think Faith (Avril Lavigne) Hill is very much manufactured in the studio. She was so bad at the Academy Awards last year I needed an aspirin after her performance.

I say let the fans vote!! &nbsp;Even VH1 has done away with that-because CREED won everything!! That just goes to show that the fans have better knowledge and better taste than those that actually DECIDE on the winners.

hotforscott
02-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I saw Faith Hill and Tim McGraw on tour and they were both really good. They did a slide show at the end with their kids. She did well, but I noticed that on the awards shows that I had seen she didn't sound good at all.

Razorblade
02-26-2003, 08:18 PM
The only good part of the Grammys was the cover of The Clash's London Calling by Bruce,Little Steven,Elvis Costello and Dave Grohl. The only thing worth watching for a rock n roll fan!

SCOTTSMYMAN
02-26-2003, 08:19 PM
I didn't even bother this year. Too busy watching Oz on HBO
:dancing: :dancing:

s.floridagirl
02-26-2003, 09:14 PM
hey razorblade, I read that you're a wedding singer in NY. What band do you sing with? Have you ever heard of Elite music? Let me know.

Dogstar
02-26-2003, 09:48 PM
I didn't watch the show, as I was at work, but I wouldn't have anyway. It's always been about the $$$.

I like Coldplay, though...haven't heard much of John Mayer.

hide_tremonti
02-27-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
That just goes to show that the fans have better knowledge and better taste than those that actually DECIDE on the winners.
There's no such thing as "better taste"...it's just an opinion. Grammys are probably more of an industry orientated awards... Let the other ones be judged by fans (as they are already)...
Besides, Creed wins enough awards.

Lechium
02-27-2003, 01:41 AM
If you let fans decide who's the winner, than it would be pretty much who sold more copies will win most awards. That's bullshit. High sales dont mean quality music. Or look at the movies for example. If you judge movie qulity by box office, and let fans vote, than XXX would win everything togeather with LOTR... whatever...

DangerousDan85
02-27-2003, 01:57 AM
I agree and that's why there are the Billboard music awards and the People's Choice awards

Lechium
02-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Arent platinum placks and millions of dollars nuff of an award?

hide_tremonti
02-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
If you let fans decide who's the winner, than it would be pretty much who sold more copies will win most awards. That's bullshit. High sales dont mean quality music. Or look at the movies for example. If you judge movie qulity by box office, and let fans vote, than XXX would win everything togeather with LOTR... whatever...
Very true. The awards should be called "the numbers" award. Maybe that's why I'm pissed, because I see the popular artists, not the deserving artists get the awards.

Mulletman
02-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Arent platinum placks and millions of dollars nuff of an award?

:pimp: Bling Bling!!

DangerousDan85
02-27-2003, 04:44 PM
gangsta style