Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Sepuagint (LXX) [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Sepuagint (LXX)

Sasa
10-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Sorry (Septuagint)correct spelling

The most remarkable translation of the Old Testament into Greek is called the Septuagint, which, if the opinion of some eminent writers is to be credited, was made in the reign of Ptolemy Philadelphus, about 270 years before the Christian era.

"King Ptolemy once gathered 72 Elders (six translators from each of the twelve tribes of Israel..) He placed them in 72 chambers, each of them in a separate one, without revealing to them why they were summoned. He entered each one's room and said: "Write for me the Torah of Moshe, your teacher." God put it in the heart of each one to translate identically as all the others did."

When Jesus told the Pharisees, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39), he was not talking about the King James Version (and then we'll have to ask which KJV), or any version of the Bible, for bibles were not in existence at this time. The scriptures Jesus was referring to were the Greek Old Testament (the Septuagint) and the Hebrew Old Testament books.

"There is no comparison between the two, the KJV leaves out half of this verse. You can't believe how often this occurs between the Septuagint and the King James Version; they left so much out."

Compare for yourself, Jesus quoted the exact words of the Septuagint, and it is the opposite in many cases from what the King James version presents. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

Why?? Because they did not want power given to the people, feudalism was in at the time. Kings liked being in power and living off the people. They did not want the people empowered the way Jesus empowered them.

Example ONE:

Proverbs 18:20 (KJV): "A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled."

Proverbs 18:20 (LXX): "A man fills his belly with the fruits of his mouth; and he shall be satisfied with the fruits of his lips."

In this verse, the King James is basically saying that the more man talks, he's going to be filled. It sounds like a formula for a politician or a lawyer. Same repetition as the Pharisees in the marketplace. But the Septuagint says by the "fruits" of man's lips, not by the "increase" of his lips. It's WHAT he says, and not how MUCH he says, that's important.

Example TWO

Here is another verse comparison which is opposed to each other. Either it'sGod's cup or David's cup, it can't be both..

Psalms 23:5 (KJV): "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup [David's cup] runneth over."

Psalms 22:5 (LXX): "Thou has prepared [passed tense] a table before me in presence of them that afflict me: thou hast thoroughly anointed my head with oil; and thy cup [God's cup] cheers me like the best wine."

This is a biggie! King Henry hated women, and despised children. King James used King Henry's translation to create the KJV.

Isaiah 3:12-13 (KJV): "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

Isaiah 3:12-13 (LXX): "O my people, your extractors strip you, and extortioners rule over you: O my people, they that pronounce you blessed lead you astray, and pervert the path of your feet."

To Be continued...

"It is not "children" and "women" who are the oppressors, as the King James would have you believe, it is "extractors" and "extortioners" who are the oppressors. "

Sources:

http://www.kalvesmaki.com/lxx/

http://www.septuagint.org/LXX/?ac=1

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/535154/Septuagint

Sasa
10-06-2013, 07:50 AM
JESUS QUOTING THE SEPTUAGINT ...WORD FOR WORD!

Jesus speaking:

Matthew 15:9 (KJV): "But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men."

Isaiah 29:13 (LXX): "…but in vain do they worship me, teaching the commandments and doctrines of men."

Isaiah 29:13 (KJV): "…and their fear of me is a commandment of men which hath been taught them..."

James quotes from Proverbs 3:34 here. Although it is identical to the Septuagint, it is barely recognizable in the King James.

James 4:6 "…God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

Proverbs 3:34 (LXX): "The Lord resists the proud; but he gives grace to the humble."

Proverbs 3:34 (KJV): "Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly."

KJV uses the term (LOWLY) being humble is not being lowly. Again FUEDALISM.

ANOTHER HUGE TRUTH WE KNEW TO EXIST IN OUR HEARTS.

Revelation 2:27 "And he shall rule them with a rod of iron…"

Psalms 2:9 (LXX): "Thou shalt rule them with a rod of iron…"

Psalms 2:9 (KJV): "Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron…"

AGain...and again..

1 Peter 4:18 is barely recognizable in the King James version.

1 Peter 4:18 "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Proverbs 11:31 (LXX): "If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Proverbs 11:31 (KJV): "Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner."

It doesn't stop there...The book of Genesis is also clarified!

Source : http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/septuagint.html