Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
AB III leaked [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : AB III leaked

Chris98GT
10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Just sayin'.

Can't wait to buy the actual CD, but there's no way I was gonna hold out.

I'll post up a full review eventually. There's too much to take in right now. I'm definitely going to need a few more listens.

Overall, I can say it's pretty different from anything they've done before. It's definitely an evolution of the Blackbird album. It's not as fast or riff-driven as Blackbird but it's still a solid, heavy, dark effort with a few light moments.

The intro on the opening track is one of the coolest things I've heard in recent memory. Deliciously dark.

One thing I immediately noticed was that One Day Remains and Blackbird both had songs that could be considered a pop single (Open Your Eyes, Rise Today). Not this time. The closest they come to that is Wonderful Life, which has some hints of In Loving Memory in it.

nagpo
10-01-2010, 06:58 PM
When does the CD come out?

Chris98GT
10-01-2010, 07:18 PM
10/8 Australia
10/11 Europe
11/9 USA

nagpo
10-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, I Think I can wait a couple of days for it.

maccamer
10-01-2010, 08:31 PM
WOW! Great album! It lives up to the hype and expectation of an AB album and beyond! Great job guys! I'll be buying at least 3 copies in November! Will be seeing you if you come to Spokane this next year! Again, amazing job AB!

Tremontiriffs77
10-02-2010, 12:05 AM
After listening to the streams over and over for the past couple hours I feel ready to give my review. Alter Bridge is entirely one of my favorite bands besides Creed and a few others. This CD is very much different than anything Ive heard from the guys before. The CD is loaded with great music but at the same time mangled by Kennedy's delivery on many of the songs. You will get no argument from me that Myles is one of the most talented rock vocalist in music but his style really makes me love him one minute and wonder what the heck the next and all of ABs CDs are representative of this. I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is. I am all about guitar riffs..Shredding and Myles mindblowing shrieks but I didnt get that from this album. While songs like Into the Void, Know it hurts and Isolation hit like a ton of bricks in the face...The rest of the CD with a few exceptions doesnt really blow my mind..The ballads in Blackbird and One Day Remains were way better..Not one slow song on this CD touches you the way Watch Over you or Broken Wings does. I really dont know what to think..Part of me wants to love the album and the other part is like what happened here..Overall a good effort..I read some saying this is Marks best work since Human Clay..Meh..I am one of Marks biggest fans and while this CD technically is his best it doesnt have the same appeal that his other work has..I give this Album a 7.5 overall..It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

bilal
10-02-2010, 01:37 AM
F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.

Chris98GT
10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is.

It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

Agreed. The first two are definitely more to my liking. But this is still a decent album. I'm sure more of it will grow on me too.

And I'm glad they decided to experiment a little bit. Nothing worse than a band that keeps churning out the same old crap every couple years. cough*disturbedgodsmack*cough

nagpo
10-02-2010, 07:30 AM
F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.
Same here brother.

TheGreatDivide
10-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

maccamer
10-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

Better than anything else released this year. I am liking it equal to previous AB efforts, yet it has growth.

To the people who say there are no radio friendly tracks besides Wonderful life, I disagree. Life Must Go On and Ghosts of Days gone by could be on pop radio and rock radio. Isolation on hard rock radio along with Still Remains and I know it Hurts.

Great lyrics and amazing music! Every listen gets better. Same way with Blackbird!

RangerJim
10-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

RangerJim

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

RangerJim

RangerJim

RangerJim

RangerJim

RangerJim
10-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Sorry I posted so many times. Computer was lagging.

maccamer
10-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Ranger Jim,

Glad you are diggin the album. Creed's Full Circle is a 2009 album, so I can't exactly count that one. STP's album.....hmmmm.....I'll have to give that one a couple more spins to say I'd agree. It just felt too disconnected since they didn't write that one together in a house or studio. Writing in different studios away from each other....you can usually feel that the organic chemistry isn't there. Just my opinion. I'll give the self titled album another spin. I also had to give Tiny Music a lot of listens before I started to dig those tracks.

Also, Alter Bridge ROCKS!!!! The new album is my new favorite! Anyone complaining it is too long is crazy! All excellent songs that should be on the album!

nagpo
10-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Holy shit brah way to post.

nagpo
10-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f. And the price is quite high even for the US version. I thought they were trying to stop piracy. Also, don't forget the B-side from the Japanese version, some one get on that.

Chris98GT
10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I just realized that it comes out in the states in NOVEMBER. What the f.
Exactly why I wasn't about to wait.

If I was in AUS or Europe, I would have just waited for the CD.

Inspired
10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
As I felt with the other albums a few of the songs are really good, better than anything else that I'm aware of (I'm not really looking very hard for other things) but the rest of the songs are unremarkable and some of them are even pop and sappy (I couldn't even make it through Ghosts of Days Gone By or Breathe Again.

I almost wish the whole thing would suck because it annoys me to know that they are capable of creating great songs and don't. Also, the few great songs keep me a fan and maybe I should just accept that I don't like the direction they've chosen to go in and find other bands.

It still feels like they are forcing mainstream, soft rock songs on there and I had hoped that with Creed back together, and Tremonti stating that Creed was the more commercial band, they would stop doing that. They also seem to have parts of songs that are heavy like the intro, bridge and sometimes verse and then they insert a generic sounding hooky, light chorus in which makes it sound like they are either trying to make a song sound commercial or trying to make a commercial song sound heavy. Either way it prevents the song from flowing. I wonder if this is an effect of being successful. There were only two songs on My Own Prison that were pop-like at the end. The rest of the album, song after song was good, heave and substantial. I really miss that.

Chris98GT
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I took a deeper listen last night. I LOVE Slip To The Void, Isolation, I Know It Hurts and Life Must Go On.

Wonderful Life is pretty good too, especially for a softer single. Reminds me a lot of In Loving Memory which is a beautiful song.

Evil_wizzzard
10-03-2010, 04:12 AM
AB III is a big disappointment. Really no memorable songs in there. Retarded schoolboy lyrics. Predictable riffs and melodies, that sound more mainstream than CREED. The best AB album was One Day Remains. No surprise at that, as Mark alone created it. Imagine if Stapp would do the vocals in it! That would be the very essence of CREED. As we get more input from Myles, the less there is anything to enjoy. His screams and howls are all over the record. Myles needs to go solo. He is a gifted musician, who would only gain more recognition of by doing that. As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.

Chris98GT
10-03-2010, 04:36 AM
As for Mark, I would recommend more to concentrate on CREED or work on his own material. I wish Mark would shut down this whole AB project and make the most of his own potential, alone or together with CREED.
I loved One Day Remains too, but I totally disagree. If anything, this album proves that Creed needs to be put to bed permanently. Stapp sounds like a drunk idiot singing karaoke these days. His voice from '97-02 is dead and never coming back.

Myles' vocals & range are phenomenal, and the lyrics are far from "retarded." Obviously you can't relate to what he's saying since you love Stapp, the guy who wrote some of the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time.

nagpo
10-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Both of you guys are fucking crazy.

Evil_wizzzard
10-03-2010, 09:05 AM
I just don't get all the Myles hype. What's so special about him? Does his moans make you salivate??? Just a regular whining hypocrite, who happens to have something of a vocal range and some guitar skills. Other than that - I see millions of Myles's around every single day. I better enjoy the cheesiest pop lyrics of all time sung by a hypocrite, douche and egomaniac Stapp, than to listen to meaningful truisms about "Wonderful life... and Life mus go on!..etc." sung by a common cool guy.

Stapp has a unique style both of writing and singing, though I agree that his voice has somewhat deteriorated, but that does not make it less enjoyable. The special aura, that special something that Kennedy is lacking, is still there. He may not be a very approachable and likeable person, but what does it matter to me? I enjoy his work and respect the talent.

Buried And Gone
10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
You joined in 2003, and only have 26 posts?

Myles is an amazing singer, he doesn't hold a candle in the slightest, reugardless of what anybody says to prime stapp. But his voice is amazing none the less. Honeslty I don't get how you can call Myles and Hypocrite either. What makes you think like that? Creed will put out a new album, I hope it is better than Full Circle though as that album wasn't very good. I used to hate Myles too, and only liked the Creed sounding songs. But now I understand that that was only because i was bitter about Creed not being together anymore. Which I think is your problem.

Steve
10-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I've listened to the cd a few times now and while it's musically amazing, I agree with the comments others have made in that there are no real good radio friendly songs. After the third listen through I think this album is more of a CD I'd put on in the background while I'm working, versus something I'd blast in my car on a long drive in the summer. There's no big standout songs that really hit you.

I'm not saying I don't like the album, its just not as memorable as ODR and Blackbird.

Tremontiriffs77
10-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I think we can have this argument over and over again. Some people will love the album, others are going to hate it. I think the album is a grower if your a fan-boy, if not most will say its not bad, but not great. I want to see Mark be successful more than anything because he is just too damn talented to waste his career. I also became a fan of AB's because I was pissed about the breakup, Stapp's Douche-bagery and felt Creed went commercial at the end. AB was a great side project to develop their musical skills but at the same time robbed Creed of its identity. After three records, Three Record companies and Three attempts it hasn't changed a thing. I agree that its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.

Inspired
10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Creed and Alter Bridge sound so similar I really don't get the point of both of them existing now. It's the same radio friendly rock with some heavy songs and riffs mixed in. AB is not all that much more experimental as Tremonti claims. If they are going to put all this time and energy into having a separate band why not do something totally different and take some risks. Tremonti is a very versatile player, when will we ever get to hear all that he can really do?

RangerJim
10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.

Chris98GT
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.
lol, total crazy talk.

Stapp sucks so bad now. How could anyone say this with a straight face?? 1/3 of Full Circle was complete garbage. The worst of AB III could be called mediocre.

nagpo
10-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?

nagpo
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.
I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.

RangerJim
10-04-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.

I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.

Buried And Gone
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?

The album is pretty bad. Isolation and WDTTW are AMAZING. but ALL of the other songs aren't very good at all. It will grow on me i'm sure. But i love WDTTW and Isolation on the first listen. None of the songs are very catchy. Also, we were told this album would be dark and heavy. It is neither.

Go the TABN forum and there is a poll for responses and a great deal of people have this album at a 4-5. Litterally like 20% of voters chose "Utter Perfection". I'd ask them to explain how that is. But I don't feel like smelling Tremo's balls right now. I'll wait untilo some of them brush their teeth.

Buried And Gone
10-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.

Scott Stapp of 2000 maybe. The Scott Stapp of today can't do anything to help this album. I don't think Freddie Murcurey could save this album, even if he dawned rainbow shorts.

Tremontiriffs77
10-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I think this album grows on you after a few listens..I was just dissapointed the direction they went with this. If things continue to go this way I wish they would bring Myles into the fold in Creed as a guitarist. I think they would be able to create some sick music together..No knock on erock but If I were drafting a fantasy rock band Myles would be the man to compliment Tremonti..Imagine the lyrics and sound they could create together..I really think the album is a wake up call to the guys that they need a change..Why put all this time into something that clearly isnt working..

TrulyAmazing
10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Scott Stapp of 2000 maybe. The Scott Stapp of today can't do anything to help this album. I don't think Freddie Murcurey could save this album, even if he dawned rainbow shorts.
Not Freds Division, As Of Right Now, But Later On Will Enter Thats Freddie Mercury, Here We Are, My Friends, THE CHAMPIONS OF THE UNIVERSE, Freddie Past THE, Test The First Time, alot of us our drawn to many to pass the first one, I Have FAITH IN YA,s ........ :rockon: :hugs: its hard to forget the band, That WROTE, Ranger JIM Dude, That Wrote Just Close Your Eyes, And Imagine EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT, The WORD, CREED, is a word that has a defintion , of tribes but to round a short Meaning Or Context, IT DOES, MEAN LONG, Patients And Streneth Will Overtake All Fears, :hugs: love all the misconceptions, everytime, i look at ya,s :laugh: gotta pull out The Webster...:D i,ve learned so much through the years from ya,s......thats the truth so help me lord, PEACE BE WITH US,

Evil_wizzzard
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
TrulyAmaizing needs to be banned. He's poisoning all threads with sick nonsense.

RangerJim
10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
TrulyAmaizing needs to be banned. He's poisoning all threads with sick nonsense.

I know that it's a "she" and am starting to wonder how long the insane asylum employees let her stay on the computer...I for one really enjoy AB III. As I said before, Mark's riffs are superb. Either way both bands complete my world, after my wife of course.

nagpo
10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Go the TABN forum and there is a poll for responses and a great deal of people have this album at a 4-5. Litterally like 20% of voters chose "Utter Perfection". I'd ask them to explain how that is. But I don't feel like smelling Tremo's balls right now. I'll wait untilo some of them brush their teeth. I know what you mean. But what do you expect, you go to a forum that holds the most die hard AB fans and expect them not to be like that? The great thing about CreedFeed, is that whether its a Creed album or AB album, at first, most of us all hate it. lol.

I listened to it a second time today, it was a little better. But man, it just cant hold my attention.

nagpo
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I know that it's a "she" and am starting to wonder how long the insane asylum employees let her stay on the computer...
I actually do believe she is in some sort of mental asylum. I'm kinda curious as to why she has not been banned myself. I know she has friends on this site, I wanna know how they understand her posts.

Inspired
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I think the two bands existing would make sense if they really sounded different.

I also wonder if the rushing to get the album done and the writing in parts contributed to the suckiness. It's like Tremonti has a cool metal riff and Myles has an anthemic chorus so they just stuck them together. It doesn't work.

I just don't get why Tremonti says things, like how WAWO was just a filler song and overplayed and then AB releases the single Wonderful Life that is the exact same kind of song. We are they so concerned with mass appeal especially when they have two bands?

To address the other discussion. I don't think Creed can be a full time band given the deterioration of Stapp's voice.

Buried And Gone
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I think the two bands existing would make sense if they really sounded different.

I also wonder if the rushing to get the album done and the writing in parts contributed to the suckiness. It's like Tremonti has a cool metal riff and Myles has an anthemic chorus so they just stuck them together. It doesn't work.

I just don't get why Tremonti says things, like how WAWO was just a filler song and overplayed and then AB releases the single Wonderful Life that is the exact same kind of song. We are they so concerned with mass appeal especially when they have two bands?

To address the other discussion. I don't think Creed can be a full time band given the deterioration of Stapp's voice.

I forget exactly what song. But there is a song on this album that literally is the WAWO intro just picked differently. Also, the last creed album and AB III sound nothing similar. Polar oposites actually. Full Circle was good. AB III wasn't. Lol.

Buried And Gone
10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I know what you mean. But what do you expect, you go to a forum that holds the most die hard AB fans and expect them not to be like that? The great thing about CreedFeed, is that whether its a Creed album or AB album, at first, most of us all hate it. lol.

I listened to it a second time today, it was a little better. But man, it just cant hold my attention.

I'm just upset that we were told it was heavy when it's not.

Also, I expect from them what I expect from everybody. Rational thought. Not instant erections because it was tremo's name on it.

nagpo
10-04-2010, 06:09 PM
I forget exactly what song. But there is a song on this album that literally is the WAWO intro just picked differently. Also, the last creed album and AB III sound nothing similar. Polar oposites actually. Full Circle was good. AB III wasn't. Lol.
That would be Life Must Go On. Sounds extremely similar to WAWO.

Tremontiriffs77
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM

Also, I expect from them what I expect from everybody. Rational thought. Not instant erections because it was tremo's name on it.

----I think the album was pretty heavy for them..I mean Metalingus is like one of their heaviest songs..Slip to the void is an amazing song as well as I know It hurts, Ghosts of days, and Coer d' Alene..I get hooked the more I listen..There are a lot of fillers..no doubt..But I think these songs plus Isolation is not a bad effort..Although I do agree it should have been a bit heavier---

TrulyAmazing
10-04-2010, 10:11 PM

The Good Lord DESPIETH A Complainer, :laugh: :laugh: im kiding guys, i,ll be gay :D if i can get my preorder in on time, if the album as a lot of structure in it, its going to have more melody than a raw heavey edge, the best way my friend is to handle that big disapoinmeant, is except nothing from no one, :laugh: is except the good Lord, he wont let ya down, you,ll find its less disapointing that way....:laugh: Peace Be With You...:rockon: have a great week or close to it as we get, :peacelove

rabidgopher04
10-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I don't know if this crosses the lines of forum rules (Steve, please delete this post if it is, apologies in advance), but could someone PM me a link to a working torrent for AB III? Thanks!

Inspired
10-04-2010, 11:09 PM

I don't think the albums sounds the same as much as they as it is the exact same style and format. It mostly sounds like two different bands, but both bands' albums are the same idea- athemic radio rock with some heavy riffs and songs thrown in. If AB is the more "creative" band that is not so concerned with record sales, why do they put in all that pop/soft rock/anthemic stuff in there?

That is also what I meant by Wonderful Life being like WAWO, it's not so much the sound as it's the same type of song. Sappy, anthemic soft rock. I think that Life Must Go On is the same type of song as Higher (and I think they do sound a little alike too). To put it another way it's like Life Must Go On is this album's Higher.

I thought the point of AB was to get away from all that.

Unforgiven Fan
10-05-2010, 02:23 AM
Yeah there maybe hints of creed in ab III (from what I heard so far) but i am tired of hearing that reference.

It's anthemic rock, uninspired, and bland considering Blackbird. Sounds like the songs were rush, almost sound the same, bad mix, and a very muddled sound (doubt it was my source).

The songs dont have an indiviudal identity to them (no good licks, rifts, hooks, etc). There is no distinct variety i would say (heavy, soft, it does not matter as long as it sounds good )

I would say its an okay record but I wish they had more time to do this. They are not really going to tour in the states until next fall (maybe), so they had time to sit on it and polish it and get done with side projects (that includes Creed)

Words Darker, Wonderful Life, and Isolation are the stand out tracks so far they do tend to rise out of the muddle mess as of right now. I am sure that this will grow, its Alter Bridge after all.

RangerJim
10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah there maybe hints of creed in ab III (from what I heard so far) but i am tired of hearing that reference.

It's anthemic rock, uninspired, and bland considering Blackbird. Sounds like the songs were rush, almost sound the same, bad mix, and a very muddled sound (doubt it was my source).

The songs dont have an indiviudal identity to them (no good licks, rifts, hooks, etc). There is no distinct variety i would say (heavy, soft, it does not matter as long as it sounds good )

I would say its an okay record but I wish they had more time to do this. They are not really going to tour in the states until next fall (maybe), so they had time to sit on it and polish it and get done with side projects (that includes Creed)

Words Darker, Wonderful Life, and Isolation are the stand out tracks so far they do tend to rise out of the muddle mess as of right now. I am sure that this will grow, its Alter Bridge after all.

Wonderful Life isn't very good, heard it all before... As of now, the one I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned anywhere as a favourite is Coeur D'Alene. Mark's riffs remind me of a few songs off of One Day Remains and this contains one of the smoothest chorus transitions on the album also has a Full Circle sounding intro with the bass notes being played. Another favourite of mine is Still Remains. This tracks bridge is just pure Metal and Tremonti really shines plus it reminds me of Slipknot(the band on the All hope is gone album) and Creed mixed together. Another is Show Me A Sign which also contains some superb riffs and chords.

Inspired
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
I think Slip to the Void is by far the best song, it's unusual, heavy and creative and doesn't sound like every other rock band on the radio. If they can write songs this good the rest of the album shouldn't suck so much. The song is melodic so there is no need for that anthem crap. I really don't like how they are playing down to their audience.

RangerJim
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I think Slip to the Void is by far the best song, it's unusual, heavy and creative and doesn't sound like every other rock band on the radio. If they can write songs this good the rest of the album shouldn't suck so much. The song is melodic so there is no need for that anthem crap. I really don't like how they are playing down to their audience.

They're trying hard to get noticed that's for sure. You have to give in to some degree with what today's general music "fans" like because if they didn't it would end up like One Day Remains, which is superb, but no one knew the band all that well, and let's be honest, people still don't know them...

Inspired
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
But isn't that what Creed is for?

And do today's music fans really like that anthemic sound? I thought that is why people don't like Creed, because of that over the top arean rock "notice us" sound.

They're trying hard to get noticed that's for sure. You have to give in to some degree with what today's general music "fans" like because if they didn't it would end up like One Day Remains, which is superb, but no one knew the band all that well, and let's be honest, people still don't know them...

nagpo
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think there is a specific reason people don't like Creed. It's just pure unjustified hate, imo.

Inspired
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think there is a specific reason people don't like Creed. It's just pure unjustified hate, imo.

I think there tends to be a few reasons that are consistently said as to why people dislike Creed. That's not to say that everyone has the same reasons or there aren't other reasons, but some of the same reasons are heard over and over.

nagpo
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
So far, the songs I llike on this album are Slip to the void, Isolation, Ghost of days gone by, All hope is gone, Wonderful Life, And words Darker than their wings.

The song I see being the most popular on the radio is Ghost of Days gone by. It has that kinda sound.

Chris98GT
10-05-2010, 06:33 PM
The best of AB III destroys the best of Full Circle IMO.

Evil_wizzzard
10-06-2010, 05:35 AM
there is no best in ABIII, only the worst. Even the so-called anthems and ballads are like child's cry compered to mediocre Creed songs. There is no rhythm, no melodies, no sense in the lyrics, only Kennedy's pathetic sugary vocals, Marks riffs, some upbeat drumming and bass playing. ABIII isn't an album, it's a compilation of different parts, that doesn't fit together. Ergo it sounds unfinished, unpolished. To listen to ABIII is like eating frozen vegetables, instead of a well cooked meal. One can only get sick by consuming it.

Evil_wizzzard
10-06-2010, 05:35 AM
there is no best in ABIII, only the worst. Even the so-called anthems and ballads are like child's cry compered to mediocre Creed songs. There is no rhythm, no melodies, no sense in the lyrics, only Kennedy's pathetic sugary vocals, Marks riffs, some upbeat drumming and bass playing. ABIII isn't an album, it's a compilation of different parts, that doesn't fit together. Ergo it sounds unfinished, unpolished. To listen to ABIII is like eating frozen vegetables, instead of a well cooked meal. One can only get sick by consuming it.

Evil_wizzzard
10-06-2010, 05:39 AM
What the hell happened with so many posts? Please delete or skip the shit.

rabidgopher04
10-06-2010, 06:12 AM
I'd like to hear Myles hold that long note in Ghost of Days Gone By live. That's amazing. I will concur that at first it sounded like a bunch of songs put together and not an actual album, but the more I listen the more I get over that. I applaud them for trying something different, but on the other hand I feel lied to. I thought it was supposed to be their heaviest album ever and it clearly isn't. I think Blackbird was a better album.

Chris98GT
10-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Alright wizzzard, we get it. You love Stapp, the guy who can no longer sing. Spare us the analogies that don't make any fucking sense.

TrulyAmazing
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Alright wizzzard, we get it. You love Stapp, the guy who can no longer sing. Spare us the analogies that don't make any fucking sense.
:D TOP OF THE MORNING TO Ya,s, :hugs: :hugs: good times good times, giving love to all, :hugs: :bounce: i want the baby JOHN, :laugh: anybody remembear The Horror Flick Rumblestill~ConS~ i cant spell it and acording to the story ya,alls thats a good thing, :laugh: Harry Potter I think Is up For A Sequal, anyways, Back To Sense, Just Got Through Addressing OBAMA, in his better train methods For the USA, ......:rockon: And PEACE BE WITH US...

Evil_wizzzard
10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
i do not love Stapp and I do not fish here for acceptance. That is not the point. I like good music, that to me is manifested in Creed and early AB (ODR period), among many other bands. I find the ABIII to be pretty horrible compered with their previous records, ergo the dissatisfaction and criticism as I believe they can do and should have done better. The key for them is to figure it out all over again - how not to be so complicated and overdeveloped musicians and still produce those simple yet therefore magical tunes. That's why I like Stapp so much. He's a simpleton and can inspire you with his naivite, passion and innocence. Simplicity is beautiful and all good music is simple. But once you get in the overcomplicated and overdeveloped mode, all simplicity is lost and what you get is counterfeit art, that makes you look for riffs, hooks, bridges, some special effects etc., but not the whole thing. Even Full Circle has been suffering from this disease.
So the main question is this - how to rediscover simplicity in the midst of all the acquired complexities and experiences? Creed has a better chance at this.

TrulyAmazing
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
So far, the songs I llike on this album are Slip to the void, Isolation, Ghost of days gone by, All hope is gone, Wonderful Life, And words Darker than their wings.

The song I see being the most popular on the radio is Ghost of Days gone by. It has that kinda sound.
:) , cant wait, I cant Preoder Ya,alls...:D if i like got a temporay replacement, it would max out my card in the mail, AB NATION :laugh: ....:rockon:

Inspired
10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I do really like Fallout, Show Me a Sign, All Hope is Gone and Words Darker than their Wings as well. Still Remains is ok although I think the chorus is a little too anthemic compared to the sound of the rest of the song.

I just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there and forcing anthemic chorus' in with heavy verses and bridges. It sounds very piecemeal and like a pop band that like "were cool because we have some metal riffs in our radio songs". Just because Human Clay and Higher were successful do they have to have these anthemic chours' in every project they do? Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I do really like Fallout, Show Me a Sign, All Hope is Gone and Words Darker than their Wings as well. Still Remains is ok although I think the chorus is a little too anthemic compared to the sound of the rest of the song.

I just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there and forcing anthemic chorus' in with heavy verses and bridges. It sounds very piecemeal and like a pop band that like "were cool because we have some metal riffs in our radio songs". Just because Human Clay and Higher were successful do they have to have these anthemic chours' in every project they do? Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
very well said dito

Inspired
10-06-2010, 04:43 PM
very well said dito

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone in my frustration!

Chris98GT
10-06-2010, 06:00 PM
[It] just irks me that they can write these songs that are really good, but then they bring the album down by putting those radio friendly anthemic songs on there...

Why are they so afraid to make a straight up heavy album. It's kind of wimpy in my opinion.
I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.

Inspired
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.

I agree! And the thing that annoys me about Blackbird is that the early versions of the Come to Life, Ties that Bind and Buried Alive that they played before the CD was released during the European tour were even heavier. It was like they purposely watered them down.

Maybe they are worried about alienating their fan base, but does AB really need a huge mainstream fan base if Creed is going to exist again. Leave that to Creed that already has that reputation and do something different/cool with AB.

TheGreatDivide
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm listening to the stream right now and to be honest I'm finding these songs to be heavy for what it is, but I've been thinking instead of musically heavy what about lyrically & emotionally heavy. Remember this album is basically about a guy going through these ranges of emotions and sadly I'm that guy right now. Every song on this album hits what I'm going through, especially Wonderful Life. Experiencing this first hand, these songs are pretty heavy.

TrulyAmazing
10-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone in my frustration!
:bump: anybody wanna baby set, but serious as ironc as it sounds, creed fans base AND AB,s Fan Base, :) are like wow set aside from each other, it baffles truly as well to certian prespective, i,d speak up through a song, ITS STILL ROCK N ROLL TO ME, :dancing: better version of course than the ....:rockon: Rock On Broken Nation...One day At Time Sweet Jesus, Through Patients Builds Strengeth, pray for it daily as artist of this nation, wrting can become flustarating, everybody deals differently i free flow at that point, where you know to write it down out that precice momeant, im my happiest wrting moods when collabarating, with others, you gotta balance the chemestry its kinda like getting a choir to sing in the same key and move it diffrently when changes come in, then again get the choir to sing in the same keys, complex i know, but there is a lot influnces and that we cant exclud but know how to manage, i can see that where your drawn to in a heavier sound play skifully with a loud noise, its not the thunder is always there because we have the amps its not at times how loud it is, but how loud the structure is, from a a wide range of diffrent instuments and gadgets dont know their names but know the sound in which they make B/C, there is to many....:rockon: This Guy Here, What More Can I Say, Was The Master, of this structure And Great Balls Of Fire Still Going, Left To Us To Just Play....so many different things has came into the spitrual life of rock n roll since those days its almost like a RELEGION, we bring everything with us, and UV,s so its hard to find that perfect balanced time, and let alone with the world in the shapes in which makes good wrting context of the revloution, you would be surprised in that still time what you get when the pen hits the paper or the artist to their one beloved ball chain the instrument, it takes the entire assemblege to bring forth the power of the strings, after you play this or that, you realized you did,nt get there alone, but sometimes the domanating instruments gets all the credit, but the first domanating flow is the sound its self, :peacelove

Inspired
10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't know if that is all the band meant by heavy, particularly with Tremonti supposedly being a metalhead. In general I found the lyrics to be simplistic although some are better than others. "Do you cry for the ghost of days gone by" and "well all fall sometimes...I know it hurts" is really sappy and not my idea of heavy.

I guess that people who like them because of their anthemic/light stuff would like this. I started liking Creed because of their heavy sound, in fact it was how I started getting into heavier stuff. It's ironic to me that they are getting further and further away from that now.

TrulyAmazing
10-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't know if that is all the band meant by heavy, particularly with Tremonti supposedly being a metalhead. In general I found the lyrics to be simplistic although some are better than others. "Do you cry for the ghost of days gone by" and "well all fall sometimes...I know it hurts" is really sappy and not my idea of heavy.

I guess that people who like them because of their anthemic/light stuff would like this. I started liking Creed because of their heavy sound, in fact it was how I started getting into heavier stuff. It's ironic to me that they are getting further and further away from that now.
music is an art, rock n roll, is a feeling of that unseen you cant grab it you cant see you can only feel it, which is the soundtrack of the revelations, its to and fro, so if one gets further and further from a sound, thats always subject to change, music was not carved in stone, but moves freely from one artist to the other, .......:rockon:

FreedomFighter
10-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Does the vibe remind anyone else of M4's Second Skin album? Definitely "artsy" and "dynamic," but not really heavy.

So far it's alright. I'll have to go through a couple more times...

Chris98GT
10-08-2010, 12:12 AM
*removed deleted post *

-Steve
LOL and I thought I was opinionated.

knicks5171
10-08-2010, 12:36 AM
* removed deleted post *

-Steve

This is completely unnecessary. Yes your voicing your opinion and you have all the right in the world to say what you want. However, to say Stapp has no talent is a ridiculous statement and you really blew it out of proportion. His voice in his prime was undeniably very good. Myles is very good as well and they both have a different style of singing. Nagpo is allowed to voice his opinion and your post to me was a little excessive.

nagpo
10-08-2010, 01:54 AM
^ What happened?

TrulyAmazing
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
^ What happened?
:laugh: trying to figure it out, just got my coffea Aparrently Revicing Swiftly, someone USED A PROHIBTED, user Name, Back To U Chris98, It Is A Opinon Indeed, %&^^:finger: we permit that :laugh: yes indeed, we have icons, but the user name is just ugly, ..........:rockon: thank you steve, peace be with us, wonderfull job...

Inspired
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Does anyone else think the verse melody in All Hope is Gone sounds like With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles, at least in terms of cadence and rhythm?

maccamer
10-08-2010, 02:55 PM
^ What happened?

Somebody with a username of F*ck Stapp posted a long post basically calling you out directly for being supportive of Stapp. They also made it clear that Stapp was talentless and Myles is far superior in all ways possible and that AB is going to last....Creed and Stapp will not.....blah blah blah. They gave an email, which I was half tempted to send a post stating that they are ridiculous, but Steve removed the post.

Oh well, you get the haters....you get the fans. We are all here for the music and if you don't like it, at least try and be respectful or you might get banned.

For the record, both Scott Stapp and Myles Kennedy ARE BAD ASS SINGERS, PERFORMERS, AND ARTISTS! More good music we get, the happier I am....I don't know about anyone else.....but I am digging everything that has been released with Tremonti involved as well as Scott and Mayfield 4 stuff. Just good music PERIOD. People are just too picky and get hung up over nothing. Just my thoughts......sorry for the long post.......

I come on here to read interviews, reviews, and to see what other fans are up to. Not to read the hate. Thank you Steve for removing that post!

nagpo
10-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Hm, thanks. I like Myles and Stapp both. In fact, I've been more critical about Stapp more than anyone I think. Whatever :)

TrulyAmazing
10-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Hm, thanks. I like Myles and Stapp both. In fact, I've been more critical about Stapp more than anyone I think. Whatever :)
AMEN AND AMEN, Myles Can Sing...A True Rock N Roll Vocalist, off topic just for a second to bring up a point, recall scatterbrains dont call me dude, well this topic to truly is the call me dude topic, However Stapp Will Always Be The Voice Of CREED, and there is a lot of different styles And Influnces In him I dont Think , Has been Unlocked, hopefully we hear it in the now solo Album, The Older Stapp gets The Better His Voice Will Become, which happend with a lot of artists who i dont have , time to make a list of, He Really Needs To Quit Smoking, :smokin: A Lot Of Artist he dont bother others it does, stapp may be one of theme, I Hear The PATCH is good, but the only way it would help me is to roll it up in smoke it, Now Cold Turkey is hard todo But while He Is USING his Voice, In Recording And Performing, he dont need to smoke there is plenty of second hand smoke, ........:rockon: did i mention myles was A True Rock Vocalist....Good Times Good Times, Ya,alls Good Times....

TrulyAmazing
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Does anyone else think the verse melody in All Hope is Gone sounds like With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles, at least in terms of cadence and rhythm?
when i hear it i,ll let you know....all 14 tracks, one of my favorite tunes of all time, as i recall they used Joe C. Version in the ABC hit Sitcom The Wonder Years, with Fred Savage, I Hated Winnie Cooper...:mad1: Hated The Entire Show, there was never a sequal to what happend In His Thirty Something Years, im busy busy busy ya,alls.....:rockon: :hugs: :hugs: :peacelove

TrulyAmazing
10-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Somebody with a username of F*ck Stapp posted a long post basically calling you out directly for being supportive of Stapp. They also made it clear that Stapp was talentless and Myles is far superior in all ways possible and that AB is going to last....Creed and Stapp will not.....blah blah blah. They gave an email, which I was half tempted to send a post stating that they are ridiculous, but Steve removed the post.

Oh well, you get the haters....you get the fans. We are all here for the music and if you don't like it, at least try and be respectful or you might get banned.

For the record, both Scott Stapp and Myles Kennedy ARE BAD ASS SINGERS, PERFORMERS, AND ARTISTS! More good music we get, the happier I am....I don't know about anyone else.....but I am digging everything that has been released with Tremonti involved as well as Scott and Mayfield 4 stuff. Just good music PERIOD. People are just too picky and get hung up over nothing. Just my thoughts......sorry for the long post.......

I come on here to read interviews, reviews, and to see what other fans are up to. Not to read the hate. Thank you Steve for removing that post!
indeed well all of thats on the list of rules when you Register I will Not talk bad about any creed members or use laungue that minors should,nt read and so forth, and they click on THE AGREE, :laugh: and then dont agree, however a lot of folk pass through here to here the word of GOD And The Word Says WHERE FEW Or More Are Gathered In My Name Im In The Midst, :laugh: so if were As Unto KMART, We Will Be Happy With Our Blue Light Specials And Let Walmart, Roll Back ;) But My Best Phrases Of All Time Is Like Tom Bodat :D at motel 6 we will leave the light on for you, and JAY LENO with Dorritos CRUNCH All Ya Want Will Make More, And Dave Mustane, Burn All The Records You, WANT WILL MAKE MORE :rockon: IF WAS,NT THE LORD THY GOD ON OUR SIDE, Than Where Would We Be ? We Should ENTER, With Love Respect And Divinty LET IT BE, The Good Lord Has Mercy Upon Us, We Get As Close To It As We Get, You ARE RIGHT MAN, From The Time We Were Taught As A Child The Word Never Departs From Us.............:hypno: :hypno: ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC....:peacelove spirt in the sky, one of our members here has brought us back to that love feeling, BB king Sung It Best When He Sung ABOUT THRILL BEING GONE, Lets Not Loose That, Ya,alls.....:rockon: there we all speak the same language,

Inspired
10-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I really find the band to be contradictory sometimes. Tremonti just gave another interview where he said he doesn't concern himself with record sales and now his brother is on the other board posting threads about records sales. I don't understand why do they have to have two commercial/mainstream bands, but to pretend like they don't care about record sales when they obviously do is even more distasteful.

TrulyAmazing
10-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I really find the band to be contradictory sometimes. Tremonti just gave another interview where he said he doesn't concern himself with record sales and now his brother is on the other board posting threads about records sales. I don't understand why do they have to have two commercial/mainstream bands, but to pretend like they don't care about record sales when they obviously do is even more distasteful. it sounds like a perfect balance to me, :rockon: :laugh: Record Sales Our Importan, but by in no means center, ATTENTION,
:laugh: i,ll always see it as the never changer CORE, money for nothing, and the chicks for free, But Indeed And In Fact, A LOT OF HARD WORK IS WENT INTO AB 3...ya,alls give it time, give it time, from my personal obversation, im just having the time my life because im a crazy person, :laugh: Anyways From FEED BACK, And Samples The AB, Fans Have Been giving, I hate To Be The Prophecy Of Dooms Day, Or A wet Blanket, For Instant Let Take The 100 Percent Fan BASE Of AB, Now A Good Majortiy Of Those Are Hard Rocking Mothers his I Know So The Percent Thats Going To Be Giving A 100 Percent Feed Back, ITS OUT ROCKING from shows to show Hard Rock Fans Must Have, The Other Majortiy, giving Feed Back Cant Depend Up On, Or Whats Genuine Or Whos Going To Be Buying Records And So Forth, Knowing Our Beloved AB Sites, is been hit with spammers this year and so forth, and i guess some of theme are still under Construction, But I Pray If We Dont See The Top Spot, We Reach The Top 10 On Rock Billboard.....Lets Keep Hope ALIVE...:rockon: thats just considering the Us Majortiy And Not Europe, :)

Agent D
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I really find the band to be contradictory sometimes. Tremonti just gave another interview where he said he doesn't concern himself with record sales and now his brother is on the other board posting threads about records sales. I don't understand why do they have to have two commercial/mainstream bands, but to pretend like they don't care about record sales when they obviously do is even more distasteful.

They don't have two mainstream, commercial bands. Alter Bridge is not that kind of band. And Michael does not necessarily reflect Mark's opinion. Why would you connect the two?

Inspired
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM
They don't have two mainstream, commercial bands. Alter Bridge is not that kind of band. And Michael does not necessarily reflect Mark's opinion. Why would you connect the two?

Well, he's on there representing the band.

TrulyAmazing
10-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Well, he's on there representing the band.
:laugh: i guess i,ll just have to zoom over there and tell, him to get his fanny off there, KIDING, guys i really dont think if he wants to spam and stuff Let It Be, like i said earlier its a perfect balance, :hugs: :hugs: .......:rockon: AB NATION If He Wants To Discuss The Finances Part Of THE UNIT, surley cant do us no harm or no good :laugh: i may go join the topic .....just order it my copy today, Just Beautiful Peace Be With Us....

Buried And Gone
10-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Listens to GODGB, Rise Today, Before tomorrow comes, watch over you, open your eyes , brand new start, life must go on, wonderful life, buried alive, breathe again, broken wings, in loving memory, Shed my skin, down to my last.....

TrulyAmazing
10-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Listens to GODGB, Rise Today, Before tomorrow comes, watch over you, open your eyes , brand new start, life must go on, wonderful life, buried alive, breathe again, broken wings, in loving memory, Shed my skin, down to my last.....
.........dont forget ISOLATION you can throw it in their to, LOOK WHAT TRULY FOUND, He Will Come Alive At midnight, And Bring All The Good Kids, Candy...i forget how much he weighed, but it was up there, .......:rockon: AB NATION....

Inspired
10-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Are there any bands that are creating music just for the love of it anymore? Seriously if anyone has any recommendations for good bands that haven't sold out let please let me know.

Agent D
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Are there any bands that are creating music just for the love of it anymore? Seriously if anyone has any recommendations for good bands that haven't sold out let please let me know.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about one right now.:rolleyes:

Dark_Knight
10-18-2010, 03:54 AM
I'm pretty sure we're talking about one right now.:rolleyes:
This.

bilal
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
^ :Thumbsup:

I might be digressing from the topic, so just ignore me... but the European Tour has started and videos have started to appear on Youtube and elsewhere. Found out its actually Myles who plays the guitar solo on Isolation. Pretty impressive.

Inspired
10-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I think you know I'm looking for other bands. I just thought you guys might be willing to share what other bands you listen to as I really need to diversify the bands I like. I would have posted this in the general forum, but frankly it's dead in there.

TrulyAmazing
10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
in hurry this morning my misconceptions :laugh: i did,nt think i,d have time to take this question but i do YES AND QUICKLY....THERE ARE,NT ANY, .....:rockon: :rofl: ya,alls, Sad But True, Peace Be With Us,

Steve
10-18-2010, 03:23 PM

Muse, except for the song on the Twilight soundtrack. Every other CD has been what they wanted to make.

TrulyAmazing
10-19-2010, 08:32 AM
:rockon: Muse, except for the song on the Twilight soundtrack. Every other CD has been what they wanted to make.
have,nt heared it, or whatched it any of the twilight movie saga,s

TrulyAmazing
10-19-2010, 08:39 AM
^ :Thumbsup:

I might be digressing from the topic, so just ignore me... but the European Tour has started and videos have started to appear on Youtube and elsewhere. Found out its actually Myles who plays the guitar solo on Isolation. Pretty impressive.
Come UP UP UP UP.....those hidden talents Emerge, ......:rockon: :) truly dont ignore ya skittles, :hugs: peace be with you in jesus name, BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH, cant way to check out AB~3 i,ll pay close attention,

Inspired
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks Steve, I'll check them out.

bilal
10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I think you know I'm looking for other bands. I just thought you guys might be willing to share what other bands you listen to as I really need to diversify the bands I like. I would have posted this in the general forum, but frankly it's dead in there.

Gov't Mule...... Do check it out if haven't already.

TrulyAmazing
10-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Gov't Mule...... Do check it out if haven't already.
i,ll try, skettles, to check it out, go jam some no doubt, TRAGIC KINGDOM, takes on a great feel, have doubt, oh that kingdom becometh a tragic, and dont tell me because it hurts, Right now God is killing dogs and moms, because he has to, Brain Food Is this A fact, or is it just A Fact Of SCIENCE, when weight and over population and natrual human process, the only thing matters in my mind, that EDDIE can Play, and walk on tables in class room, .....:rockon: ya know, skittles :D we still wanna do that, everybody did :D that was,nt EDDIE, Jimmie Page, Proabley Wanted To that, and it all started with a foxy lady........SWING........:rockon: :laugh: :laugh: Trulys Angels,

nagpo
10-24-2010, 08:06 AM
After listening to this album a lot more...I've changed my stance a bit. It's not as bad as I made it out to be with my first impressions. It really takes multiple listens in order to fully grasp the album and the songs. I still feel there are a few meh songs and when I say few, I mean one or two. However, I still can't find myself to listen to the album in its entirety in one sitting. It simply can't hold my attention for that long.

TrulyAmazing
10-24-2010, 10:32 AM
After listening to this album a lot more...I've changed my stance a bit. It's not as bad as I made it out to be with my first impressions. It really takes multiple listens in order to fully grasp the album and the songs. I still feel there are a few meh songs and when I say few, I mean one or two. However, I still can't find myself to listen to the album in its entirety in one sitting. It simply can't hold my attention for that long.
My First , IMPESSSION of things, are always the same my friend, Like Geroge,s Strait,s i hate everything, :laugh: and lord when i first heared that song u guessed it i hated it to, Back To AB 3, i,ll put the Toxic Dangerous Label, on it, it is a strong powerfull moving Rock N Roll Record all though, i have,nt heared not one song yet, i do Know what went in this record, so you are right indeed it does take, MULTIPLE Listens To grasp, and also what we, have her, is powerfull, soul SUSTAINING, Album, that will bring our ears to open again, and again, for our COUNTINUING, The Guys put there guts and heart and soul , in this one let alone the time the sacrafice, let alone working through the red tape of things, which is painfull enough to think about in its own making, and they have pulled it together in a wise balanced meassure, yeah i cant do anything in one sitting either, none of us can, something pulls ya to do something else, :laugh: then u will get back to later, ........................:rockon: thats why sometimes i must post in every damn thread, :laugh: i,ll get better, i promise,

Buried And Gone
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I only like slip to the void, isolation, WDTTW and I know it hurts. But I don't hate it as much as I did. I certainly expect more than this from Mark and Miles.

TrulyAmazing
10-24-2010, 08:21 PM
I only like slip to the void, isolation, WDTTW and I know it hurts. But I don't hate it as much as I did. I certainly expect more than this from Mark and Miles.
i prefer Myles, rather than spelled, miles, good lord the miles we do put in, that would work to, i guess, :hugs: i da knows it, and u know what i agree with ya, to mark and myles are perfect in music, i do disagree there, but how ever, the best of the best has, prevailed, And That Burning Desire Will Be Fed, Nothing But The Best Of The Best Of The Best, ONE day At A Time Tweet TESUS, One Day At Time Hebean Welp Us, ..........:rockon:

nagpo
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I just listened to it again. Deffinetly their best album. It rocks hard. Great album.

TrulyAmazing
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I just listened to it again. Deffinetly their best album. It rocks hard. Great album.
......:rockon: like i said before a lot went in to it, somethings, may even be missed by AB, who put it together, it will take some time, To Feel its Justice,

BSC
10-26-2010, 06:03 AM
The AB3 songs are MUCH better live. I never really got into Still Remains or All Hope Is Gone on the album, but when they played them at Southampton I loved them.

Agent D
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
I wish people would wait until they had the album in their hands before making a decision about how much they really like it. The quality of what's on YouTube is so shitty. Wait till it's blaring in your car stereo!

Buried And Gone
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
For real man?

This is easilly their worst. So you've changed your mind about the inconsistent song writting and shoddy arangements in 3 weeks? Little silly IMO.

Still god mad love for you though bro. No hate : )

nagpo
10-26-2010, 10:03 PM
You know, it is a matter of just flat out opinion in this case I think. My first impression was that I disliked it. I thought the song writting was bad in comparison to their previous records because it wasn't exactly like them.

But I kept on listening to it, studying it for (3?) weeks. Eventually I felt that it was a progression, instead of a regression. I realized that it doesn't have to be exactly what was done before to be good. After listening to AB3 so much, I went back and listened to stuff on BlackBird and ODR, and that stuff sounds...well, this is hard to put, they sound like something a new band would write. I hope that makes sense, but I feel they've really reached a level of musical maturity in this album that they never reached before.

This album just sounds very articulate and sophisticated to me. And you know, first impressions are subject to change.

nagpo
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
I wish people would wait until they had the album in their hands before making a decision about how much they really like it. The quality of what's on YouTube is so shitty. Wait till it's blaring in your car stereo!
I basically got the UK album. So no youtube for me.

TrulyAmazing
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
You know, it is a matter of just flat out opinion in this case I think. My first impression was that I disliked it. I thought the song writting was bad in comparison to their previous records because it wasn't exactly like them.

But I kept on listening to it, studying it for (3?) weeks. Eventually I felt that it was a progression, instead of a regression. I realized that it doesn't have to be exactly what was done before to be good. After listening to AB3 so much, I went back and listened to stuff on BlackBird and ODR, and that stuff sounds...well, this is hard to put, they sound like something a new band would write. I hope that makes sense, but I feel they've really reached a level of musical maturity in this album that they never reached before.

This album just sounds very articulate and sophisticated to me. And you know, first impressions are subject to change.
everything is always subject to change, as long as you dont, when your the self RIGHTEOUS, its ok to have a momeant once in a while, as long as you dont hurt others in the process :laugh: but serious i did,nt revice your post nagpo, but from took in u r taking a deep LISTIEN like i saide before ;) Very Powerfull Album Keep LISTIEN, and then more so....through changes , man it kicks ASS, :rockon: i must retire now i have a date, with CORN WHO_LEE_OH_ U know what for, :laugh: :laugh:

Inspired
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM

I wonder how much a person can really like an album if they have to keep listening to it and study it for three weeks. I see this on other message boards as well and wonder the same thing. In fact I think I've been trying to convince myself I like it as I am so used to being a fan of the band and don't want to lose that. Of course for me, it's because I don't think the album is musically mature or sophisticated.

nagpo
10-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Well, okay. It's just not a simple album. It's more complex, hence the reason why people have to listen to it multiple times to understand it.

Inspired
10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry if I was confusing. I was saying that it is a simple album and maybe people (including myself) are trying to convince themselves that it is good.

nagpo
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Okay, everyone has their own opinions and tastes in stuff. So, it's all good.

TheGreatDivide
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Like Nagpo was saying this album is very complex and an expression of feeling. I look at it like this: One Day Remains is solely how Mark feels about life, Blackbird is what Mark & Myles have in common with their feelings towards life & AB III is solely how Myles feels about life. There's going to a progression of lyrics and sounds depending on the point of view of the dominant artist.

Chris98GT
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I love this record.

Even though Blackbird has a few amazing stand-out songs, this is a much better record overall IMO. I can listen to most of it without skipping. There was too much filler for my liking on Blackbird.

Inspired
10-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Are you guys drawn to AB because of the anthemic pop sound? I'm starting to realize that unlike me that is what most of the fan base really likes opposed to the occasional heavy song that they do.

Chris98GT
10-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Their heavy shit is the best, but if you can't appreciate the rest because it's not all fast & heavy, then you're missing out.

ABIII is the least "anthemic pop" sounding of all their albums. I think that's why I like it so much. They clearly aren't trying to attract dopey Creed fans who love With Arms Wide Open with this one.

Blackbird has some of their best work (Ties, Life, etc) but it also has some of their cheesiest. I still can't listen to Rise Today.

nagpo
10-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Are you guys drawn to AB because of the anthemic pop sound? I'm starting to realize that unlike me that is what most of the fan base really likes opposed to the occasional heavy song that they do.
The only song on this album that sounds like pop to me is Ghost of days gone by, but at the bridge they completely take away that pop sound.

RangerJim
10-28-2010, 07:59 AM
The only song on this album that sounds like pop to me is Ghost of days gone by, but at the bridge they completely take away that pop sound.

I agree but Life Must Go On, Wonderful Life and Breathe Again are all in the same boat. My least favourite on the album. Looking forward to these B-Sides though, Home and Zero sound wicked.

TrulyAmazing
10-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I agree but Life Must Go On, Wonderful Life and Breathe Again are all in the same boat. My least favourite on the album. Looking forward to these B-Sides though, Home and Zero sound wicked.
Got That Good By Vibe to it, like looking away dixie land, :laugh: :laugh: i agree oh how i agree wall to wall irony, was born from wall to wall joy, the yolk be easy and the burden be light, lets surley keep it that way, with all our collsions and collabarations, PEACE :rockon: all though anger and temper exceeds highly, from time time no more than peace and Imorataltiy Exceeds Highly, As Well As The Darkness Hideth In The Light And The Light Hides in the darkness, we can use a gun on each other :shoot: Or Love Each Other The Way He Loves Us, Cares about ya,s so So I Choose The Rather :peacelove its all we have, :laugh: sad be true,

RangerJim
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Got That Good By Vibe to it, like looking away dixie land, :laugh: :laugh: i agree oh how i agree wall to wall irony, was born from wall to wall joy, the yolk be easy and the burden be light, lets surley keep it that way, with all our collsions and collabarations, PEACE :rockon: all though anger and temper exceeds highly, from time time no more than peace and Imorataltiy Exceeds Highly, As Well As The Darkness Hideth In The Light And The Light Hides in the darkness, we can use a gun on each other :shoot: Or Love Each Other The Way He Loves Us, Cares about ya,s so So I Choose The Rather :peacelove its all we have, :laugh: sad be true,

I know this is a free forum and users can relatively say what they like but I'm curious why it is you come on here TrulyAmazing only to have people try to read a melange of comments about the subject and pieces from the bible? I will never understand. Oh well. Alter Bridge may not go anywhere or rise to stardom but AB III is wicked and that's all that matters.

Inspired
10-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Maybe it's more that they are generic rock than pop, but I do think Wonderful life is going to attract the same kind of fans as With Arms Wide Open as it has the same feel. It's hard for me to really enjoy the rest of the album that is good when the other half feels like it's pandering to a generic rock audience.

TrulyAmazing
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I know this is a free forum and users can relatively say what they like but I'm curious why it is you come on here TrulyAmazing only to have people try to read a melange of comments about the subject and pieces from the bible? I will never understand. Oh well. Alter Bridge may not go anywhere or rise to stardom but AB III is wicked and that's all that matters.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: man im sorry, the ratings for one morning after the other is higher, :laugh: i rejoice in my sufferment, just one question, whats really in your can ?;) :baaa: spam i sware confuses all, No One Really Knows Whats In That Can, GOD BLEES YOU AND PEACE BE WITH YOU............:rockon:

Inspired
11-01-2010, 01:48 PM

It does seem to kill threads.

TrulyAmazing
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
It does seem to kill threads.
i agree it does kill the threads, but of course as the old saying goes everyone has heared at least a time or 2 when you make the tune you gotta dance to the fiddle, Peace Be With Us, .......:rockon: AB NATION.....