Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Audioslave - Revelations [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave - Revelations

RMadd
07-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Anyone have any details on this album? I was browsing thru a St. Louis Alt Rock station's list of upcoming releases, and Audioslave's newest is supposedly due out Sept 9 or so....

bilal
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
nope..... but heard its due next month.......... i am not sure if any video is realesed or so........... by the way.....isnt "revelations" a soundgarden song?

Muad'Dib
08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Original Fire is out on radios etc, its ok song, nothing special. Parts of Wide Awake and another song I cant recall right now are in the Miami Vice movie, from what ive heard of them both of them sound alot more promising then Original Fire. Interested to hear rest of album, hopefully Tom keeps his annoying out-of-place solos to a minimum.

Dogstar
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, Original Fire bored me to be honest. I didn't really like it. I'm hoping the rest of it will be better.

Unforgiven Fan
08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I heard if for teh first time and it was a bummer...to me it sounded like a funk rock song which is not my thing...

bilal
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Original Fire is out on radios etc, its ok song, nothing special. Parts of Wide Awake and another song I cant recall right now are in the Miami Vice movie, from what ive heard of them both of them sound alot more promising then Original Fire. Interested to hear rest of album, hopefully Tom keeps his annoying out-of-place solos to a minimum.

c'mon man.....no one can do it like Tom.....so let em be....should he also shred like the rest.......naa

Muad'Dib
08-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I wont say hes not a talented guitarist, creates some amazing riffs, just find that he tends to chuck a solo in nearly every song, most of the time its not even needed. Doenst feel right in Original Fire, nor many of their other songs. IMO it ruins the flow of alot of the songs.

Perhaps more exciting though then new AS album is Chris is working on a 2nd solo album!

GregS
08-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Where can i hear Audioslave's new song ?

metalchris25
08-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I would like to know too!!^

Muad'Dib
08-05-2006, 04:50 AM
can hear some of revelations track on the preview of album of XBOX live. here is link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R7VBL3sIM0

Sounds reallly promising!

metalchris25
08-05-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree. I can't believe I missed this on Live....

cariocawlad
08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Revelations, the new Audioslave album, will be realesed in September 5th. You can hear the first single in their official website (www.audioslave.com). You also can see the video in yahoo music.

Well, I disagree with you all...I really enjoyed Original Fire, but the other tracks look like very better. I just can't wait to get the new album.

Peace.

RelearningLove
08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
it's not a bad song!

GregS
08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
original fire sucks..

titan9
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Original Fire's alright, but nothing special. It's actually kinda a repetitive song. Hopefully the rest of the album is better. I really enjoyed "Out Of Exile", so I have high hopes for this new CD.

BTW, the idea of another Cornell solo album is exciting. I finally got around to getting his solo debut CD a month or two ago and like it a lot.

cariocawlad
08-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, his solo album is a masterpiece and is very different of anything he did. Cornell is also writing the theme song for the new James Bond movie. He describe it like a rock song, with heavy guitars and some orchestra instruments.

There are two songs from the new album in the soundtrack of Miami Vice (the new one with Collin Farrell): Wide Awake and Shape of Things to Come. The songs are played in some scenes.

And for those who think that Original Fire is repetitive, watch the video. Many people changed their minds when watch it.

Peace.

P.S.: Don't get me wrong. I'm a Alterbridge and Scott Stapp (less than years ago) fan, but I love Audioslave too.

Dogstar
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I love Audioslave's first album so much better. If the song doesn't hit me, a video isn't going to make much difference to me. I have had live performances change my mind about studio songs, though. Visuals can enhance a song, but if the song sucks at the outset, the visuals won't help me much. *shrugs*

RMadd
08-14-2006, 02:12 AM
yeah, a Cornell solo album would be off the chain.... Euphoria Morning is pretty excellent, but it's been awhile since he did that....

Muad'Dib
08-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Revelations the song(not album) is out and here are few links to it, not sure which ones are still working.

http://www.audioslave1.tk
http://media.putfile.com/AS-Rev
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BB3FD4090A300917

I really like it!! Alot better then Original Fire, kinda even like that solo too.

Steve
08-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Right-click this link and save-as

http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/a1-23018245597.mp3

metalchris25
08-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks Steve!

bilal
08-22-2006, 12:25 PM
wow...thanks

Muad'Dib
08-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Well it leaked finally. Had 3-4 listens to it of today, really fucking loving it. On first impressions id say this is their best effort. Very diverse album, no song is similar, really different from their last two. Favourite tracks so far would have to be One And The Same, Sound Of A Gun, Until We Fall, Wide Awake, Shape Of Things To Come. Oh and Moth is an awesome way to finish it. The rest will hopefully grow on me, the only two im having trouble getting into is Broken City and Original Fire (easily lowest point on album for me).

Chris sounds great too, he will never reach those high notes and screams like he used to with Soundgarden, but he still has a great voice. Easily best voice in rock today IMO. I was worried if Tom would fuck songs up with his solos, but the only one I didnt like on whole album was Original Fire, rest fit really good and sound awesome.

Overall a 9/10!!

Dogstar
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
The only one I've heard is Original Fire and I hated it, lol. I don't know. I'm not that interested in it at the moment, but maybe I'll change my mind. :)

Muad'Dib
08-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Yeah i really dislike Original Fire, thankfully rest of the album is nothing like it.

Dogstar
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
^^^ That's good to know :)

Chase
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
I second that. The album is really something special. It beats out "Out of Exile" hands down in my opinion and it up their with their debut effort.

The Lithium
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I downloaded the album a while ago and I have to say it's good, but Audioslave are taking steps back on every album. If I should rank 'em it'd be

1) Debut
2) Out Of Exile
3) Revelations

I'm glad they're trying different things. (The debut was just Audioslavish. Out Of Exile was inspired from the 70s rock and Revelations from soul). But they're only getting worse... Although I still like 'em. I'll still see them live again if I get the chance to.

Peace!

Steve
09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
You're the only person I know who has said the new one is worse than the second album. Wow.

Agent D
09-05-2006, 06:50 PM
I picked up the album today and I think it's fucking sweet. I love the new direction they took. I'm definitely not one for soul or R&B but Revelations is just a wonderful album. I'm also in the minority of liking Original Fire a lot. Sometimes I think people only hate such songs for the sake of hating them.

I'm also not sure where to place this new one with the other two albums. The self-titled, Out of Exile, and Revelations are all slam dunks in my book.

Dogstar
09-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Heh, no, I hate Original Fire because it bores me. It's repetitive and not very interesting musically or lyrically to me. That said, I'm hoping the rest of the album is better. I bought it today, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Agent D
09-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Every song is unique so there should be something on there to pique your interest, Dogstar.

Dogstar
09-06-2006, 01:16 AM
I hope so. I just hope it's better than Out of Exile, because I didn't like that one much at all, maybe a song or two and that was about it.

Chase
09-06-2006, 08:45 AM
It is incredibly better than Out of Exile. Just listen to it and see for yourself.

GregS
09-06-2006, 07:06 PM
I agree with Chase. The new album is fantastic!

Dogstar
09-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Ok, I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it's better than Out of Exile. :D. That's only after one listen, but I didn't hate it :D.

Chase
09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Ok, I wouldn't call it fantastic, but it's better than Out of Exile. :D. That's only after one listen, but I didn't hate it :D.

lol... It'll grow even more on you.

Dogstar
09-07-2006, 08:51 PM
I hope so. At least I want to listen to it again, hehe. Couldn't say the same for OOE :D

Sincirr
11-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Good to hear that Morello is shredding a little more and that his crazy guitar sounds blend a bit more than the previous albums.

Crikey! Audioslave have got da funk!

Finally through this new album, the band are making sense to me tho.

Audioslave are so not in the same vein as Soundgarden or RATM. Though having the members of those bands isnt helping the way loyal, old-school listeners perceive this band.

I get a huge sense of wanting through this music, to connect to the hearts of the average Joe/Jane, struggling to make ends meet, in a life that is mundane due to lifes circumstances and a shitty job where they are treated like dirt; This music instills some kinda comfort...a vague statement but yeah...and oh yeah, sorry I'm late...

bilal
11-02-2006, 09:28 AM
i heard Cornnell was almost killed in a road accident 3 or 4 days ago, his chopper got run down by a truck and is beyond repair but Cornell got away with only few bruises.....and was in studio the very same evening recording his solo album...

nagpo
11-02-2006, 07:15 PM
the new album is horrible. there worst yet, only 1 song on it i really like. its "shape of things to come"

uncertaindrumer
11-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Okay, so I liked OOE a lot (minus the super-over-the-top "solos" by Mr. Morello), and I did not particularly like original fire... should I consider this album? Since it is Audioslave, I usually would just buy it without thinking but I'm not wanting to spend any money...

Thumbs up thumbs down for buying?

Agent D
11-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I say give it a shot. I think it's an awesome album.

nagpo
11-03-2006, 04:22 PM
thumbs down...