Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Tremonti's Gear [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Tremonti's Gear

IplayPRS
04-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Ok. This topic has probably been talked about. But, I don't know what Tremonti plays (other than his guitars... GO PRS!!)

So.

What amps or what gear does Mark Tremonti use for live gigs and/or recordings??

Thanks.

bilal
04-01-2006, 02:29 PM
hey bro.....why dont u check out the equipment section of http://www.marktremonti.net/ ...................... it has a got a detailed outline of Marks gear with pictures too!!!!!! :jam: .....................

check this out too http://www.ibpmusic.net/fulltremonti/equipment.html

i have heard that mark records his stuff directly from amp by using mics............ he is famous to use his mesa boogie tripple rectifier for that puurpose......... i also watched one of his interview where he told that he prefers to use as minumum as possible gadgets between his guitar and amp........and he said that the sound on the CD of alterbridge is mostly out of his pickups and not from a processsor...........and said dat his signature addition PRS is the best guitar in the whole world.......hheheheee...........

IamFilthy
04-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Man, when i read the title of this thread and hoped yall weren't talking in an "unclean" manner......lol

RoffeDH
04-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Ha ha ha, Filthy, that's pretty funny ;)

bilal
04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
man ..........u are filthy!!!! ............... but that was good one :hammerlol:

RoffeDH
04-02-2006, 11:31 AM
As I said in the Stapp forum "you would have done the same if it was about AB" ;) And now you did :P

RoffeDH
04-02-2006, 11:32 AM
And admit it Filthy, you would love to get your hands on Marks gear ;)

bilal
04-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Ok. This topic has probably been talked about. But, I don't know what Tremonti plays (other than his guitars... GO PRS!!)

So.

What amps or what gear does Mark Tremonti use for live gigs and/or recordings??

Thanks.

check out this video....it got every thing u need to know .....

http://www.marktremonti.net/video/rig%20tour.avi

Mrprophetman
04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Mark who?

IamFilthy
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
And admit it Filthy, you would love to get your hands on Marks gear ;)

:thumbsup: wHAT?!?! Man, that's pretty low....we haven't even started arguing yet before the insults came...wait for it...lol:naughty:

RoffeDH
04-03-2006, 08:21 AM
It wasn't any argument, it was a statement of the trouth ;)

titan9
04-03-2006, 11:28 AM
If by gear you mean his Mesa Boogie Amp and PRS Tremonti, then, yes, I'd love to have my hands on his gear. Otherwise....hell no. :laugh:

bilal
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
since this topic is about Marks guitaring gear........... i wonder if any body can tell me the difference between MARks PRS eddition (with flying birds as inlays and "mark tremonit" inlay at the 12th fret.......and Marks PRS SE (without any special inlays and slightly golden coloured pickups........i hope if any body can clarify the difference in terms of

1=technology, and
2= sound

RoffeDH
04-03-2006, 02:23 PM
None... From what I've heard... The differens is
1. It's made in Korea (I belive)
2. It's not hand made as for if you buy it from the US
3. It's not as good looking as the others ;)

Don't know if the Tuning Screws (Think that's the name, might just be tuners) are different or if they use the PRS tuners...

RoffeDH
04-03-2006, 02:29 PM
What we mean by gear is up for the reader to deside ;)

Creed7352
04-03-2006, 03:43 PM
PRS Mark Tremonti Singlecut
The body has a carved maple top with mahogany back. The neck is also mahogany and consists of a rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl bird inlays and a special Mark Tremonti inlay at the 12th fret. The headstock matches the back and neck and has a trussrod cover with mother of pearl purfling. Hardware includes 14:1 low-mass locking tuners and PRS adjustable stop tail. Electronics feature Tremonti pickups, 3 way toggle pickup selector, and a volume and tone control for each pickup.

PRS Mark Tremonti SE
Mark himself doesn't use the SE but this "Special Edition" is available from PRS.
The popular Tremonti SE has a solid mahogany body with a one piece mahogany neck w/22 fret rosewood fretboard.It has dot dot inlays rather than the birds.It has bound body, neck & headstock, 2 uncovered humbucking pickups, 3-way toggle switch, 2 volume & 2 tone controls, PRS wrap around style stoptail, and chrome hardware. Mark said it plays better than all the gibsons he has owned. For a review of the SE and Tremonti model PRS click here --> http://www.mark-tremonti.com/prsreview.html

bilal
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
wow...thanks Creed73564687.................hehehee........... but as u all must have noticed ........ Myles alway is with the SE where as mark is always with his singnature edition..... and i aint also sure if SE comes in anyother colour than the basic ones....may be only black that is.......... not sure ........and may be ....the SE might just be beta for rhthym where as signature ones might be more verstile....... the signaute edition is a lot more expensive tooo....... a really lot more!!!!!!

check out this beauty for sale........an amazing $2,400 :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Platinum-Tremonti-PRS-Singlecut-signature-MINT-NEW_W0QQitemZ7403061229QQcategoryZ33045QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Creed7352
04-03-2006, 05:30 PM
no, myles doesn't play the tremonti se...he plays other prs guitars (also costing anywhere from $2000-4000. i think he uses a mccarty at times, but i'm not sure, i'd have to see it more closely.

the tremonti se comes in black and platinum only, as does the usa tremonti model. mark has said that prs will be coming out with a usa tremonti model with the tremolo and different finishes, like the ones he plays now with alter bridge.

Creed7352
04-03-2006, 05:33 PM
forgot to add, the SE was made with cheaper materials so that more people could afford it...along the same lines as the other prs se guitars.

GregS
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
no, myles doesn't play the tremonti se...he plays other prs guitars (also costing anywhere from $2000-4000. i think he uses a mccarty at times, but i'm not sure, i'd have to see it more closely.

the tremonti se comes in black and platinum only, as does the usa tremonti model. mark has said that prs will be coming out with a usa tremonti model with the tremolo and different finishes, like the ones he plays now with alter bridge.

Theres a white Tremonti SE in my local Musicstore.. along with Black & Platinum

Creed7352
04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
oh shit, that's right, the UK had white ones for some reason...lol..but prs only shows them black and platinum. that must've been some sort of thing the guitar shop over there did.

GregS
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
yeah maybe.. who knows.. who cares...
Plays the same..

bilal
04-04-2006, 05:44 PM
cool...............