Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
i have to say [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : i have to say

nagpo
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
i am quite looking forward to alter bridges latest album. i didint really like one day remaines but i saw a lot of petentiall the band. any idea of when its comin out?

Drake
03-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I think it's coming out in this summer, but I don't think there is a official release date.

nagpo
03-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I think it's coming out in this summer, but I don't think there is a official release date.
cool

Agent D
03-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I was just thinking about starting a thread about their next album. I loved ODR and I'm absolutely starved for new Alter Bridge.

GregS
03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah i think its a august or september release. Cant wait!

ABYanks
03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm looking to see how they handle this one, because the marketing on ODR sucked. Its frustrating when great bands can't get back on top. Seems to be the similar cry of each right now. Also sophmore CDs tend to be more succesful,(this is only based on what ive observed)

RoffeDH
03-03-2006, 05:10 AM
They'll go in to the studio this summer if everything goes well...
The reason they haven't gotten that much of promotion is becouse Screw-Up is doing what they're doing... Screwing up! The guys must leav them and hopefully they'll start their own record lable!...

Finaldecision
03-03-2006, 09:58 AM
As far as I heard, they are already recording the second album.

RoffeDH
03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
No, they're taking the time off... If they were recording it they would probobly say it... Plus I haven't heared anything bout them leaving Screw-Up yet... And I'm still waiting for it...

Agent D
03-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I was waiting for them to leave Wind-Up too. At this point, it seems kind of moot.

Torn Daredevil
03-04-2006, 03:04 AM
No, they're taking the time off... If they were recording it they would probobly say it... Plus I haven't heared anything bout them leaving Screw-Up yet... And I'm still waiting for it...

Ummmm, no. They are in the studio right now, tracking (recording) the album. It was confirmed on abb.net earlier this week. The reason it wasn't made public is that Michael, the person that would normally keep us up to date, is still recovering from his accident.

So there ya go. We should have an album this summer/fall.

Robin101
03-04-2006, 06:05 PM
I think their next album will be far superior. I like ODR, it took awhile, but I like it.

You have to remember that this is the first time Alter Bridge will be writing the material as a 'group'. In very much the same way Creed was Tremonti-Stapp music, this is going to be the first Tremonti-Kennedy album.

Mark has stated that he had most of the lyrics written for ODR remains before Creed officially seperated - he didn't even know who the lead singer was going to be.

Now Mark and Myles can write the material to emphasize Myles insane voice -in very much the same way Mark built the music for Creed around Stapp's vocals. With Myles (hopefully) writing a majority of the lyrics this will allow Mark to concentrate on doing what he does best.

IMO, their next album will be heavier with Myles displaying an even better range than in ODR. It will be very different from ODR.

RoffeDH
03-04-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah... I'm with you on everything exept that Myles will show a better range on the next album... They have said that Myles will take it down a notch, so it'll be heavier... And oh so sweet! :D

guitardude1985
03-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Not a day goes by I don't think of what will be of the second album. I hope mark further shows off his newly found scredding abilities. Also, more bass from brian.

Agent D
03-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I just hope it comes out soon. I'm seriously dying for some new music from them.

Muad'Dib
03-05-2006, 04:37 AM
Impossible to predict what it will be like, I never really liked ODR but am looking forward to their second album. Hopefully its alot heavier and Flip actually does something that makes me go "wow". I dont know though what Myles influence will yield, we can be guaranteed better lyrics but im not so sure what the music is going to sound like.

RoffeDH
03-05-2006, 05:17 AM
I think the music will be great... Can't go wrong! :D

MackaN
03-06-2006, 07:59 AM
ODR is probably my favorite record of all time so I dont know really what they should change and so on.

I think ODR is the perfect mix of heavy songs and like MTV-ish songs (like Broken Wings).

The only thing I can think of is that I wanna hear more from Brian. Hmm...What else...

RoffeDH
03-06-2006, 09:56 AM
ODR is a great album but not my favorite... Yeah, Brian needs to take alot more space on the next album...

Finaldecision
03-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Maybe Brian didn't have as much possibilities on ODR to take more place as he used to have on Human Clay. But I think I also heard somewhere that Mark wrote the basslines of ODR. It might be, but I'm not sure. When you listen to ODR do you think the basslines sound more like on Human Clay or like on Weathered? This might answer the question.

MackaN
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Thought about this and've come up with a couple of ideas;

-One or two acoustic tracks. Looove acoustics
-Perhaps an instrumental track. Ahavo Rabo rocks so why not?
-Brians bass

Dammit I cant wait to hear this shizzle!