Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
ODR tab book [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : ODR tab book

guitardude1985
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Anybody here have it? I must say, there is some pretty tricky stuff in there. I have been self taught for 5 years now and I can do some pretty tricky stuff like scred, harmonics, etc. However, I must say some of the riffs take some time to master like one day remains. It's definetly a notch and a half above the creed tabs books, but there is some tricky stuff like the intro to what if and one last breath.

geletmote
12-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Anybody here have it? I must say, there is some pretty tricky stuff in there. I have been self taught for 5 years now and I can do some pretty tricky stuff like scred, harmonics, etc. However, I must say some of the riffs take some time to master like one day remains. It's definetly a notch and a half above the creed tabs books, but there is some tricky stuff like the intro to what if and one last breath.

yeh im having a crack at the OYE solo, very hard but im getting there, not as quick as tremo obviously, i can play most creed songs. U?

GregS
12-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I jus ordered the Creed weathered tab book last night.
Im gonna try ODR last..

guitardude1985
12-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Yea, I can play a few creed songs. The good thing about creed songs is that they are very straight forward. Mostly if not 90% dropped d tuning which is a very simple tuning.

GregS
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Yeah i can play afew songs too like My sacrifice , whats this life for , arms wide open , stand here with me etc
Ab i can play just bits of their songs.. half the shit i jus cant get..
I mean ive almost got In loving memory , im not finding that too difficult.

guitardude1985
12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
One day remains definetly showcases the guitar lick mark built up during the down time from the weathered tour and leading up to the time creed broke up. And yes, it's definetly three notches above the three creed albums musically. I've always picked up on marks guitar ability even in creed when people touted him as a hack and now he can proove he's got some killer chops and I think it's going to up the anty on this next album.

GregS
12-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah man , The guitar playing on the next album will be even better!
Maybe he didnt show off his skills as much in creed , Sure as hell did in ab :D

guitardude1985
12-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Alot of why he didn't show off his skills in creed was partly because mark had not fully developed his skills and sharpened them to the point where he can now melt the strings simultainously setting fire to the fret board. I mean, mark could play good on the creed albums but also at that point he really kinda catagorized himself as somewhere in between a lead and a rythym guitarist which I viewed he rythym ablities considerably good.

Also, after the realese of human clay and the realesing of the singles WAWO and higher was the formula that brought creed up to a commercial jugernaut status as a band. So, stapp being pretty keen on the formula that brought him and creed there he kinda (or at least I believe) wanted to keep mark in a box playing virtualy the same chord structure, song feel on weathered. Many hated weathered but I simply viewed pretty much as human clay pt 2, except for whos got my back and hide which were somewhat fresh ideas. I mean it's only logical that sometimes it's better to stay safe than to venture into total uncharted teritories and stand to potentially lose some fans. Also I think wind-up had alot to do with thwarting creed from venturing a little further musically.

Now with alter bridge I think the sky is the limit, however I think wind-up (those greedy basterds) should put a bit more promotional effort behind alter bridge. I mean, they are 3/4th's of the band that put them on the map the least wind-up could do is get off their assess. However, I think this time around it's more about playing and having fun, even so you still have to put food on the table.

GregS
12-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Ye man.
I found Ab ODR tab book today , mom bought it , aint gettin to play it till xmas tho lol. Shall be a challenge , cant wait!

guitardude1985
12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
I have had the ODR tab book since jesus was a kid, lol....for about 8 months I think. Tricky stuff, expecially the opening riff to one day remains, I'm still working on that tapping.